Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Those Kevlar shoes finally delivered.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Dude, been watching some Olympics and I think the sick ass flips and dope ass tricks in skateboarding has been my favorite so far.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Durant and Taytum doing well in this basketball final. Lillard's been a disaster so far.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Liep

Mørkøv and Norman wins the Madison. :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Norway wins their second running gold. What are they doing up there?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2021, 07:19:12 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 07, 2021, 06:24:10 AM
:cool:

Michael TdF rider?

Yes, was lead out for Cavendish, best at what he does.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 07, 2021, 07:21:16 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2021, 07:19:12 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 07, 2021, 06:24:10 AM
:cool:

Michael TdF rider?

Yes, was lead out for Cavendish, best at what he does.

Yes, a damn fine rider and tactician.

Glad he got the gold, he deserves wider recognition.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Bloody hell :ph34r: :o
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58126983
QuoteLauren Price: The girl who reached for the moon and came down with Olympic boxing gold
By Tom Brown BBC Sport Wales at the Tokyo Olympics

In the early 2000s, an eight-year-old was asked to write down three goals as part of a school project.

She wrote that she wanted to become a kickboxing world champion, play international football for Wales and go to the Olympic Games.

Her teacher raised an eyebrow, but the girl's grandmother told her to let the girl dream.

She had always told her granddaughter to reach for the moon and that if she fell short, she would land on the stars.

By the time she was 27, the girl had achieved all three of her goals.

And then she went even further. Not only did she go to the Olympics, but the middleweight won a gold medal.

This is the story of Lauren Price: Olympic boxing champion.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 08, 2021, 01:41:54 PM
Bloody hell :ph34r: :o
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58126983
QuoteLauren Price: The girl who reached for the moon and came down with Olympic boxing gold
By Tom Brown BBC Sport Wales at the Tokyo Olympics

In the early 2000s, an eight-year-old was asked to write down three goals as part of a school project.

She wrote that she wanted to become a kickboxing world champion, play international football for Wales and go to the Olympic Games.

Her teacher raised an eyebrow, but the girl's grandmother told her to let the girl dream.

She had always told her granddaughter to reach for the moon and that if she fell short, she would land on the stars.

By the time she was 27, the girl had achieved all three of her goals.

And then she went even further. Not only did she go to the Olympics, but the middleweight won a gold medal.

This is the story of Lauren Price: Olympic boxing champion.

So what's next?
Rock album and stadium tour?
Curing all disease?
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

I've always enjoy the Olympics, look forward to them. I especially like the track and field and gymnastics, sports that we don't see all the time. Some amazing performances. US did well.

Maladict

The Belgian GP has turned into a farce. Bad weather conditions first forced a three hour postponement, but FIA apparently insisted on having a race. So the mandatory minimum two laps are driven behind a safety car ( no overtaking allowed), and then the race is declared over.  :lol:

DGuller

The worst thing is that they extended the spectacle for almost four hours, wasting everyone's time, when it seemed obvious that having a sham two-lap "race" was all they were willing to do today.