News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Syt on July 18, 2021, 05:43:05 AM
Do they guys in beach handball get to play in speedos, too?

Tight tank tops and shorts that must be no shorter than 10 cm from the knee. Would it improve viewership if they played in speedos?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on July 18, 2021, 06:20:39 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 18, 2021, 05:43:05 AM
Do they guys in beach handball get to play in speedos, too?

Tight tank tops and shorts that must be no shorter than 10 cm from the knee. Would it improve viewership if they played in speedos?

Does anyone watch it now?

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on July 18, 2021, 06:35:55 AM

Does anyone watch it now?

The tournament is in Varna near Sunny Beach so the final had a very lively audience with German and Danish tourists.

It's streaming on Viaplay so I tried watching it but just as beachvolley it was more boring than in its regular form. It was still watchable for obvious reasons and I did like that you apparently get 2 points if you do a spinny thing before scoring. If it had better production I could have watched the whole game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Van Aert is insane. 3 wins: a mountain stage, a time trial and a bunch sprint.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on July 18, 2021, 05:15:35 AM
There's been some controversies surrounding the Euro Beach Handball tournament because Norway was denied a request to wear hotpants. They were told rules are rules and they say that the bottoms should cover no more than 10 cm.

I mean, it feels a little outdated. But I trust in IHF when they say the rules are there to optimise the players ability to move freely.

The ruling is ridiculous.  They're just selling sex.

And I love hot pants. :perv:

Admiral Yi

If I heard correctly, Colin Morikawa is the first golfer to win the first two Major tournaments he entered.

Sheilbh

Oh I feel so sorry for these guys:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57898489

Six Polish swimmers have been sent home from the Olympics because there'd been an admin error and they'd sent too many swimmers on the team :bleeding: :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Shit they can't even stay and support their teammates too
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 17, 2021, 11:03:26 AM
Danes finish as 2nd and 3rd on the final time trial and Vingegaard is 2nd in the GC. Amazing. First time since Riis that a Dane finishes in the top 5 in the tour.

:cool:

Denmark set to replace Slovenia as the major force in world cycling.  :hmm:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Brazil beat China 3-nil in the Olympic tournament.

For some reason it pisses me off that the Olympics actually start before the opening ceremony.  :glare:

Josquius

So nobody cares about the rugby league world Cup?
Due to start soon but.... New Zealand and Australia have announced due to covid fears they won't be attending.
They're two of the key teams. Football world Cup it ain't so leaves the tournament  in a stick spot.
Oddly they are planning to go to the world Cup still I think.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Does anyone outside Northern England or Southern France really care about Rugby League in Europe?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on July 22, 2021, 02:21:23 PM
Does anyone outside Northern England or Southern France really care about Rugby League in Europe?
Isn't the South of France rugby union territory?
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 22, 2021, 02:28:11 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 22, 2021, 02:21:23 PM
Isn't France rugby union territory?

Fixed!  :P

Well, technically, Rugby League (XIII) has a stronghold in French Catalonia cf. Dragons Catalans. SW France at best, with Toulouse as well.
Dragons Catalans even play in the English Superleague.

The Larch

Just took a look at the top French RL competition and every single team is from Occitany. On top of that, there's a French team from Perpignan in the top English RL competition as well. In that English RL competition half the English teams are from Yorkshire, with 3 from Greater Manchester, one from Merseyside and another one from Cheshire.