And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2020, 10:20:36 AM
Søren Kragh Andersen again! :w00t:

Yeah perfectly timed attack, none of the others in the breakaway could muster an attack.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Younger even than Bernal and to win it all on the last time trial. Incredible.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Poor guy, he looked utterly beaten and broken when he crossed the finish line.

Liep

This is a nice story. Pogacar rode without the use of a watt meter thereby becoming the promised anti-Froome.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pogacar-rode-without-power-meter-or-computer-for-la-planche-des-belles-filles/

Liep

A Dutch won the women's UCI world championship surprising no one. Van der Breecken also won the time trial yesterday.

Uttrup sadly had mechanical problems and lost the chaser group but still managed a top 10 position.

Liep

Alaphillipe wins! Apparently the French haven't won since Brochard in the 90's so good for them.

Liep

Alaphillipe thinks he's winning Liege Bastogne Liege and raises his arms 10 meters before the line only to see Roglic overtake him and win by a millimetre. That finish line photo will haunt him

PDH

Alaphilippe would have lost it anyway, he was also relegated to the back of the group for cutting off Hirschi in the sprint (who looks like he could have won).
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

In the battle of miserable chokers, the Braves somehow found a way to out-choke the Dodgers in the most demoralizing and humiliating way possible and blew a 3-1 series lead. The Dodgers, after years of pathetic underachieving, have finally found their way to the World Series. I expect for them to lay down for the Rays.

My condolences Georgia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2020, 11:56:52 AM
In the battle of miserable chokers, the Braves somehow found a way to out-choke the Dodgers in the most demoralizing and humiliating way possible and blew a 3-1 series lead. The Dodgers, after years of pathetic underachieving, have finally found their way to the World Series. I expect for them to lay down for the Rays.

:hmm: By going to the WS for the 3rd time in 4 years?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

The Vuelta a Espana Covid is starting tomorrow.  It is nice of Italy and Spain to have super-spreader events across a wide swath of territory to help the disease along.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Duque de Bragança

Small time overlap between Giro (last week) and Vuelta though.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2020, 12:29:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

:hmm: By going to the WS for the 3rd time in 4 years?

And losing!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: PDH on October 19, 2020, 12:46:00 PM
The Vuelta a Espana Covid is starting tomorrow.  It is nice of Italy and Spain to have super-spreader events across a wide swath of territory to help the disease along.

I shall be watching it's spread ups and downs with interest.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"