News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: PDH on August 31, 2020, 07:23:22 PM
Now there is racing, and the form is all over the place.  Maybe this is how it was back in the old days when there was only amphetamines and strychnine to dope with.

I'm enjoying it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Tour de France in September really feels weird. Not to mention there is nobody along the roads to watch it, or even in the cities when cyclists arrive.

PDH

I can see the lack of people, but it is still good to be able to watch it for a few days until they close everything down.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on September 01, 2020, 10:50:14 AM
I can see the lack of people, but it is still good to be able to watch it for a few days until they close everything down.

Not while a Frenchman is in the yellow.   :contract:

:D

PDH

Alaphilippe docked 15 seconds for getting a water bottle from the roadside at 17 km out...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

I just noticed there are now both a female and a male model kissing the winners. Progress!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 09, 2020, 06:40:40 AM
I just noticed there are now both a female and a male model kissing the winners. Progress!

Indeed.

The previous set-up seemed positively 20th century or maybe even a relic from the 1970s.

Liep

Wooo! :yeah:

Søren Kragh Andersen wins the Lyon stage!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Sunweb has great tactics so far in this Tour.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Liep

Quote from: PDH on September 12, 2020, 10:53:15 AM
Sunweb has great tactics so far in this Tour.

They were dominating the last part of this stage.

celedhring

I really need to get back to watching cycling. I used to be a big fan and always watched Tour/Giro/La Vuelta until all the druggie scandals completely put me off the sport.

mongers

Looks like it'll be the fourth year in a row that a different Team Sky/Inneos Tour champion will unsuccessfully defend this yellow jersey win.   :hmm:

PDH

Ineos has just plain looked bad in the Dauphine and the Tour.  They have tried to set up the train a couple of times, but they don't have it in 2020.

Now with Bernal cracking and the rest of the team unable to really give consistent efforts, I wonder what they try to hang their hats on?
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on September 13, 2020, 09:34:27 PM
Ineos has just plain looked bad in the Dauphine and the Tour.  They have tried to set up the train a couple of times, but they don't have it in 2020.

Now with Bernal cracking and the rest of the team unable to really give consistent efforts, I wonder what they try to hang their hats on?

By the looks of it, a stupid retro knock-off of an old land rover. :bleeding:

Liep