And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I'm in full nostalgia mode.

What a summer.

I just recently learned that when he geared on to the large chain ring in '96 and broke away he had asked the mechanics to put on a smaller ring only so he could pull that trick and awe his opponents with accelerating up a mountain on the outer ring. The legend goes that Indurain had a mental breakdown when he saw it, what a champion. :worthy:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Last one for now

"Riis er den store klinges ædle betvinger" :cool:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on July 23, 2018, 08:02:03 PM
He was robbed in '95 :weep:

Berzin. :ultra:

I didn't know Ted Danson had a second career.

PDH

Riis was so full of blood doping stuff it is a wonder he didn't stroke out on the bike.  I've stories that some of his levels would have an ER send that person to intensive care right away.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Thomas gets a civic welcome in Cardiff on Thursday, I'm tempted to go.

That was a great TdF, the deserving man won, with two stage wins to boot, unlike the 2017 winner.

Alafillipe was a worthy winner in the king of the mountains, winning two stages, showing a refreshing spirit, a gentleman too.

Sagan justly won the green jersey, after winning two stages and battling through a bad injury that made him struggle to finish in the mountains.

And Dan Martin won a rare stage, despite all of his attacking endeavours in the past and particularly this tour, so it was very appropriate that he won the super-combativity prize and stood on the podium in Paris.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Jan Ullrich apparently didn't think he had sunk low enough, he has now been arrested for trying to strangle a prostitute  :wacko:

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on August 10, 2018, 12:19:45 PM
Jan Ullrich apparently didn't think he had sunk low enough, he has now been arrested for trying to strangle a prostitute  :wacko:

Last week he got into an altercation on Mallorca at Till Schweiger's place and police had to pick him up.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Tiger is one of the captain's picks for the Ryder Cup team.

Admiral Yi

Liep

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on September 29, 2018, 05:25:11 PM
Does that mean we're winning? :unsure:

You're up 10-6 with 12 points left in the singles matches.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2018, 05:28:04 PM
Quote from: Liep on September 29, 2018, 05:25:11 PM
Does that mean we're winning? :unsure:

You're up 10-6 with 12 points left in the singles matches.

W! And with a Danish captain!

mongers

Alejandro Valverde wins the men's world road race, a deserved win.

Dramatic race with a near insane last miles climb.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"