News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-EOE124gHw

Caught some UFC on the boozer telly last night.  Particularly gruesome choke out at 3:16.

Liep

Froome is tested positive for having too much astma medicine in his blood and will likely be stripped of his 2017 Vuelta win.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

No Froome in the Tour means opportunities  :shifty:

The Larch

All bikers are doped, it's better to just assume that by default.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The victory is quickly being named the biggest Danish sport result since EC '92. I'd say since Riis '96. But this is damn big.  :worthy:

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on January 27, 2018, 06:43:58 AM
The victory is quickly being named the biggest Danish sport result since EC '92. I'd say since Riis '96. But this is damn big.  :worthy:

Given Riis was doped up in 1996, I'd give it to Wozniacki.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on January 27, 2018, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 27, 2018, 06:43:58 AM

Given Riis was doped up in 1996, I'd give it to Wozniacki.

At any rate it's been rather slow on the big victories if you discount handball and badminton. Handball is out because it sucks and badminton seems to only be popular in Denmark and certain Asian countries.

katmai

What is this futsal shit and why is it on my ESPN?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Quote from: katmai on February 11, 2018, 02:20:33 AM
What is this futsal shit and why is it on my ESPN?

It's only shit when we lose  :mad:

Futsal is awesome. Small-court fast-paced version of football. Every Spanish kid grows up playing that.

Josquius

Usually I just see that on TV in summer where they have b list ex pro tournaments in dubai et al.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

If they shrank the field enough you could land a shot from anywhere, that might actually make soccer exciting.   :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

A thought. How come the winter Olympics largely just features dull snow and ice related sports.
Surely gymnastics, martial arts and other indoor stuff is equally valid in winter as summer? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 12, 2018, 02:58:00 AM
If they shrank the field enough you could land a shot from anywhere, that might actually make soccer exciting.   :hmm:

Essentially it's football played in a basketball court. It was invented because most schools didn't have a football pitch available (too big and expensive) so kids ended up playing football in the basketball court.

My neighborhood growing up didn't have a public football pitch so we usually took over the basketball pitch and played football instead.  :P

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on February 12, 2018, 03:02:42 AM
A thought. How come the winter Olympics largely just features dull snow and ice related sports.
Surely gymnastics, martial arts and other indoor stuff is equally valid in winter as summer? :hmm:

Because you know nothing of history of the modern Olympics.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.