News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Watching the Kabaddi World Cup from India... it's different but interesting.

The Indian ref just shouted "HET EH TEL" into the face of the Japanese captain. This went on 6 or 7 times with increasing volume before the Japanese noticed the coin in the ref's hand and said head.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 15, 2016, 09:34:50 AM

The Indian ref just shouted "HET EH TEL" into the face of the Japanese captain. This went on 6 or 7 times with increasing volume before the Japanese noticed the coin in the ref's hand and said head.

:D

Quite a cool sport.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Amalie Dideriksen wins the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in cycling! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

We now have the world champion in both road cycling and mountain bike. :showoff:

Liep

Josquius

What an odd sport :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Liep

And Wozzy wins Hong Kong Open, a tremendous sports weekend for Denmark!

What humiliating loss to Montenegro? I don't remember that...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on October 15, 2016, 02:52:02 PM

What an odd sport :hmm:

It's tag while holding your breath.  :huh:

Check out the pictograph half way down on the right.  :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi

What is it with South Asians and retard sports?

Josquius

My big consideration about it is quite how it is refereed. Making sure somebody hasn't breathed out seems pretty tough. Strikes me that breathing discretely could be a learnable skill.
I watched a video of it and it is odd, the defending team staying arm in arm and steadily backing off.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

I wonder how much that gold on his neck weighs. B.A. Baracus would be proud.

The Athens medals look tiny compared to the others.  :hmm:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

So what's happening with you Liep? No comment about the Handball world championship tournament going right now in France? I mean, Denmark is qualified.  :P
Quite a media barrage here, though games are on a sports pay tv, held by a qatari firm no less.

Syt

I only heard that there was no agreement regarding the TV rights for the tournament in Germany. Handball is popular in some regions (e.g. up North where you have some of the top clubs with Kiel, Flensburg, and Hamburg), but nowhere near football levels.

In the end a bank who sponsors the event decided to stream at least the German matches on the interwebs. Which caused the broadcasting regulatory body to step in and declare that this would make the bank a broadcaster and liable to the same regulations/responsibilities as TV and radio stations. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 16, 2017, 02:47:25 AM
So what's happening with you Liep? No comment about the Handball world championship tournament going right now in France? I mean, Denmark is qualified.  :P
Quite a media barrage here, though games are on a sports pay tv, held by a qatari firm no less.

I've been on vacation, no TVs on the beach. I'll be sure to update when Denmark wins!