News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :yeah: :yeah:

Wow
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 29, 2019, 11:47:19 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :yeah: :yeah:

Wow

I wonder who won?  :hmm:

Fulsong?

I've yet to see the highlights, so undecided if I want to know or not.  ;)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Unbelievable really. Rolf Sørensen was in tears for a long time afterwards. :cry:  :worthy:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Who had the idea to have the track World Championships in Qatar? They had the women's marathon at midnight to account for the temperatures, but it was still so hot and humid that of 68 starters 28 didn't finish, with several requiring medical assistance afterwards. It's basically road cycling world championships from a few years ago all over again :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2019, 03:40:49 AM
Kipchoge runs first Marathon under 2 hours in Vienna:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/12/sport/eliud-kipchoge-marathon-vienna-intl/index.html

Wild.

By the way, what is this INEOS and why are they sponsoring so much sport at the moment?

Syt

It should be noted that the IAAF will not recognize the record - it was set under non-competition conditions, like having a car in front of Kipchoge, and having other runners specifically participating as pacemakers for him.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 12, 2019, 06:55:55 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2019, 03:40:49 AM
Kipchoge runs first Marathon under 2 hours in Vienna:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/12/sport/eliud-kipchoge-marathon-vienna-intl/index.html

Wild.

By the way, what is this INEOS and why are they sponsoring so much sport at the moment?

It's a private UK based plastics company, owned by a Brexit backing UK multi-billionaire.  <_<

He seems to want to paint it and his company's name big across the world; keep an eye out for the INEOS 'flagged' gas ships carrying North American shale gas across the Atlantic.

Liep

WADA recommends Russia be banned from all sports for 4 years. :banned:

Admiral Yi

The US trailing in the Presidents Cup is surely a sign Trump has brought God's wrath down upon us.

Liep

That was a quick final session at the Snooker World Championship.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on August 16, 2020, 01:51:38 PM
That was a quick final session at the Snooker World Championship.

Did you see Evenepoel's fall yesterday?  :o

PDH

I wonder how much blowing up there is going to be.  No real classics racing, a little bit of warms ups, no Giro, then BAM the Tour de France.  Maybe we'll see a full field crash at the start of day 2?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on August 16, 2020, 05:45:19 PM
I wonder how much blowing up there is going to be.  No real classics racing, a little bit of warms ups, no Giro, then BAM the Tour de France.  Maybe we'll see a full field crash at the start of day 2?

:hmm:

PDH

Now there is racing, and the form is all over the place.  Maybe this is how it was back in the old days when there was only amphetamines and strychnine to dope with.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM