News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
Alejandro Valverde wins the men's world road race, a deserved win.

Dramatic race with a near insane last miles climb.  :)

Good to see an old man in the top spot. Can hardly think of a worthier winner.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 30, 2018, 06:38:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
Alejandro Valverde wins the men's world road race, a deserved win.

Dramatic race with a near insane last miles climb.  :)

Good to see an old man in the top spot. Can hardly think of a worthier winner.

So there's hope for some of us yet?  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

That was a brutal last climb - 28% at the world championships?  Next year they are going to include a climbing wall so they can outdo that...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The Czechs are criticized for filming time out gatherings during the EC in handball in an alternative angle

Liep

Tour de France starts in Copenhagen in 2021. :w00t: :yeah:

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 20, 2019, 08:13:55 AM

:cool:

I hope you get a better view than I did when in London for the 2012(?) start.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2019, 08:32:37 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 20, 2019, 08:13:55 AM

:cool:

I hope you get a better view than I did when in London for the 2012(?) start.

Prologue in Copenhagen and a stage from Roskilde - Odense (20 minutes by train). 3rd stage is in southern Jutland which is too far away even for TdF. :P

Admiral Yi

Congratulations Tiger on winning your fifth Masters. :cheers:

The Larch

QuoteParalympics GB stunned after Yokohama hotels demand payment for accessibility
• Paralympics GB team hit with 'huge headache' for training camp
• Senior figure says hotels have shown a 'total lack of interest'

British Paralympic officials say they were left stunned when hotels near their training camp for the 2020 Games demanded they pay to make rooms accessible for wheelchair athletes – and then pay again to convert them back afterwards.

One senior figure said there had been a "total lack of interest" from hotels they had contacted in Yokohama when it came to helping the British Paralympic team, who will make their final preparations in the city ahead of Tokyo 2020. Another source said the issue had been a "huge headache" for more than 18 months.

What has made the issue harder to solve is that it is beyond the remit of the Tokyo 2020 organising committee, which runs the Games. Rather it is down to individual hotels – many of whom do not see the social or economic benefits of providing more accessible rooms.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2019, 12:07:49 AM
Congratulations Tiger on winning your fifth Masters. :cheers:

Agreed. Glad to see him making a comeback. 

Maladict

Wimbledon final is pretty epic so far

Duque de Bragança

Portugal World Champion in rink (roller) hockey. It's been a while (2003). :)

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Zdh9FMCc4

The Little League World Series is one of the coolest sporting events ever.

Curacao beats Japan to make it to the final.  Things get pretty exciting in the 6th (last) inning.