News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2011, 04:40:01 PM
I wouldn't pollute my precious bodily fluids with Danish contamination.

You're a weirdo.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2011, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2011, 04:40:01 PM
I wouldn't pollute my precious bodily fluids with Danish contamination.

You're a weirdo.

I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

But I... I do deny them my essence.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

It takes Americans to fuck up something as gay as handball.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Danes won against the Germans to stay alive in the Euro Cup (handball), but Wozzy is behind against Clijsters. A bad day all in all as this means more articles about how Wozniacki is number one but can't win the big tournaments and I have to suffer through more handball at work.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on January 23, 2012, 11:39:37 PM
Danes won against the Germans to stay alive in the Euro Cup (handball), but Wozzy is behind against Clijsters. A bad day all in all as this means more articles about how Wozniacki is number one but can't win the big tournaments and I have to suffer through more handball at work.

An elementary school friend claims that handball is a Jute-sport.

Liep

It is. The midsized jute towns are crazy with it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2011, 04:11:49 PM
So that people don't get confused with American handball/pelota vasca, I suggest that in future you refer to team handball as handebol.

Considering how many scandies we have here we should rather refer to it as "Handball" or "Handbolti"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

We could just not refer to it at all.  :huh:

I wonder, are there places out there where people get paid to play racquetball.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Poland beats Germany 33-32 in an intense game. If we win over Sweden later we'll be through, there is now no way of avoiding a national meltdown, win or lose.

Liep

Headline in the tabloids: "Tak, tak, tak, Polen!"

First time in a while the Jutes have been cheering for pollacks I imagine, usually it's "go back from whence you came! (but first finish the job on our roof for this low pay)"

Liep

L'Équipe: "Le miracle danois continue".

Sunday is the final against Serbia in Belgrade. It'll be loud and unwinnable.

szmik

Now you have to win, so we can get to Olympic qualification tourney.  :glare:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Liep

They'll likely all be blinded by the 2nd half so I can't see how. :P