News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Liep on November 22, 2013, 06:20:15 PM
Magnus Carlsen has won the world championship in chess. Norway swiftly goes mental; NRK cancels a showing of cross-country skiing to celebrate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25057654

Does of the resident Norwegian have a video link with commentary? One of my favourite Norwegian things is Norwegian commentators when they win.

Indeed, who could forget:

"Maggie Tatcher, your Boys TooK One HEll Of a BEeting"

:D

I believe the guy is sadly now dead.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

The way the Danish media is hyping Kevin Magnussen he can only end up failing spectacularly, perhaps even going off track in the first lap in Australia.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2014, 11:49:06 AM
The way the Danish media is hyping Kevin Magnussen he can only end up failing spectacularly, perhaps even going off track in the first lap in Australia.

So a podium finish in his first race, and with Ricciardo disqualified he gets the 2nd position. Not bad.

Now the hype can truly commence.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

O'Sullivan is getting trashed by Perry. :huh:

Liep

Wiggins dumped by Team Sky. :o I hope Froome crashes out in the first stage. :angry:

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 06, 2014, 05:37:31 AM
Wiggins dumped by Team Sky. :o I hope Froome crashes out in the first stage. :angry:

Damn, the organisers show give him a single wildcard (with Gaelic fair, draw up a special rule on the spot)

Liep

Riis offered Froome a contract in 2011, but Froome declined because for the contract talks Riis had invited him and his father to a night club. :lol:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Read that it's been 30 some years since the last Triple Crown winner, but before that there was a Triple Crown in four out of the five preceding years.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 07, 2014, 06:32:15 AM
Riis offered Froome a contract in 2011, but Froome declined because for the contract talks Riis had invited him and his father to a night club. :lol:

:D

They should now make the same offer to Bradley Wiggins, Id bet he'd be up for it.

sbr

Too bad about California Chrome.

Maria Sharapova won the French Open though. :perv:

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on June 07, 2014, 05:26:23 PM
Good luck California Chrome. :cool:

What a stupid sport. I had about the same level of excitement as when I watch the beer brats race between innings in Milwaukee. 2.5 minutes is too long, imo.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on June 07, 2014, 07:18:34 PM

Maria Sharapova won the French Open though. :perv:

I liked her better when she was 16 and grunting.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on June 07, 2014, 07:30:57 PM
What a stupid sport.
:mad:  Maligning horse racing is the same as maligning Kentucky.  You're not to do that again, sirrah.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on June 07, 2014, 08:44:25 PM
:mad:  Maligning horse racing is the same as maligning Kentucky.  You're not to do that again, sirrah.

Kentucky has had many things to distinguish it in sports. Kentucky basketball, Howard Schnellenberger, Bear Bryant, and Jared Lorenzen. It really doesn't need to leave the human species to find an identity.

I'm not disparaging the Kentucky Derby, btw, which from what I understand is a hell of a party.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014