News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Neil on April 13, 2013, 07:41:35 AM
Hey, cricket is on TV.  Gonna watch me some IPL.

Ah, that explains the mild but suddenly wet weather, the cricket season began here on Wednesday.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2013, 07:49:10 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 13, 2013, 07:41:35 AM
Hey, cricket is on TV.  Gonna watch me some IPL.

Ah, that explains the mild but suddenly wet weather, the cricket season began here on Wednesday.  :bowler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmjnEMqHeg
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

They just brought up a little chart about were the ball bounced on the way to the batter.  There was 'good', and then 'full', but then the area around the batter's feet was 'Yorker'.  How did they name that?

Also, the Bombay Indians and the Poona Warriors have almost identical uniforms.  What's up with that?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

Froch vs. Kessler is about to start. Boxing is one of those sports I'll never learn to appreciate. I am however still a little intrigued.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2013, 05:19:12 PM
Froch vs. Kessler is about to start. Boxing is one of those sports I'll never learn to appreciate. I am however still a little intrigued.

What's not to like.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD99VbFzqAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0SONoA5L1g
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

The Dane lost, but it was actually a pretty good fight.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Wozzy is playing a Brit at the French Open. She has lost in the first round at her previous 5 tournaments, will it turn around?

GO Wozzy!

Liep

Liep

Le Mans this weekend. Only time I'll watch motorsports, and it's likely only because of Tom Kristensen who usually wins.

As a commentator noted: "Danes are very patriotic, especially when we win."

Liep

Holy shit. Danish driver Allan Simonsen has died after a crash 10 minutes into the race. :(

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2013, 11:06:23 AM
Holy shit. Danish driver Allan Simonsen has died after a crash 10 minutes into the race. :(

:(

Liep

Tom Kristensen won his 9th Le Mans. :yeah:

Liep

Of course, some pay-per-view channel secured the rights to Wimbledon this year. I like tennis, but not enough to pay $50 to watch a few games.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 24, 2013, 11:18:58 AM
Of course, some pay-per-view channel secured the rights to Wimbledon this year. I like tennis, but not enough to pay $50 to watch a few games.

All of it is live on bbc tv, not sure who much of that will be re-broadcast on iplayer, though certainly the 8-9pm highlights each evening will.

Liep

Magnus Carlsen has won the world championship in chess. Norway swiftly goes mental; NRK cancels a showing of cross-country skiing to celebrate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25057654

Does of the resident Norwegian have a video link with commentary? One of my favourite Norwegian things is Norwegian commentators when they win.