Author Topic: The Anime Thread  (Read 103770 times)

Monoriu

• Octogon Champion
Re: The Anime Thread
« Reply #1200 on: April 20, 2019, 04:25:46 pm »
I'm excited for new One punch man and attack on titan.
I hear the production of OPM has been troubled however. Very low animation quality, poor production . Fingers crossed it isn't so.

There is a change of studio from Madhouse to JC Staff.  Madhouse has a strong reputation.  JC Staff is a big studio, but the quality is less consistent than Madhouse.  Doesn't mean they can't produce good work, it is just that they don't nail it every time.  But given the status of One Punch Man as an international hit, I hope the powers that be will allocate an appropriate budget.

Watched two episodes.  So far they are good.  Animation quality is good, especially the first episode.  Almost approached movie quality in some scenes.  Second episode is less impressive but still good.  It is customary to focus resources on the first episode to attract first time viewers.

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #1201 on: April 30, 2019, 01:25:19 am »
New One Punch Man.
So....
It's not awful.
But.... It's not one punch man.
Feels like sloppy fan fiction. It's just missing its heart. It feels wrong. The way the plot is structured...
Gone are the ridiculous monsters of the week with eleborate back stories and swift defeats. Instead you've heroes outside of the ones we know going about doing their little things.
Animation quality is definitely low. Both in action and less actiony scenes. The lack of movement is stark. Even the bananas looked weird.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

• Octogon Champion
« Reply #1202 on: April 30, 2019, 02:26:56 am »
Monster of the week formula can only carry the show for a few episodes.  I am glad the show introduced so many other heroes to enrich it.  Disagree about animation quality.  It is above average. 

If you want animation quality, I suggest watching Kimetsu no Yaiba, made by ufotable, possibly one of the best TV animation studios now.  Ghibli doesn't count; it is in a league of its own and is on a totally different planet.  If you don't count Ghibli, the second best is either ufotable or Kyoto animation.