News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous Sports Thread

Started by Liep, December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

For all the sports too small to get their own thread. In other words, an excuse to talk about Denmark's women handball team.

Right now La Marseillaise is playing, and soon Der er et yndigt land. It's the semis and we're going to lose!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Texas' womans volleyball team is full of a bunch of miserable chokers.  :mad:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Does the women teams have nicknames like the nfl teams, etc? Texas Ponies?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2011, 02:18:35 PM
Does the women teams have nicknames like the nfl teams, etc? Texas Ponies?

Yes but this is college so the women's teams and the men's teams usually have the same name.  So they are also the Longhorns...so basically they are all a bunch of cows.  I guess that is better than our men's teams who are all a bunch of steers.

The only exception is if the men's team is called something like 'The Cowboys' then the women are 'The Cowgirls'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

sexists. they should both be called the cowpeople.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2011, 02:23:30 PM

Discriminates against the thin.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 16, 2011, 02:27:41 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2011, 02:23:30 PM

Discriminates against the thin.
uhmm.. Horse Riding Cow Torturing People is just too long though
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

7 - 7, both have had a good period, but the French are missing Pineau and so far survives on contra and rebounds.

Liep

Admiral Yi

So that people don't get confused with American handball/pelota vasca, I suggest that in future you refer to team handball as handebol.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on December 16, 2011, 02:12:39 PM
For all the sports too small to get their own thread. In other words, an excuse to talk about Denmark's women handball team.

Right now La Marseillaise is playing, and soon Der er et yndigt land. It's the semis and we're going to lose!

Are they hawwwt.?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

I don't know what American handball is, but it seems like a good name for whatever it is.

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on December 16, 2011, 04:18:51 PM

Are they hawwwt.?

This generation is rather pleasing compared to the last.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

I wouldn't pollute my precious bodily fluids with Danish contamination.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive