News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Origin has Theme Hospital for free.

Syt

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-nine-classic-star-wars-games-in-the-latest-humble-bundle/

QuoteStar Wars! Nothing but Star Wars! Give me more Star Wars—videogaaaaaames! Yes, if you're still sleeping in your Caravan of Courage jim-jams, then this would be a good time to turn your attention to the Humble Bundle, which has assembled a collection of nine fine Star Wars games, with more to come, for just 12 bucks.

For any price you care to pay (down to a minimum of $1), you get Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and Star Wars: Dark Forces. Beat the average and you'll also get Star Wars Battlefront II (and I'm going to stop saying Star Wars now), Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and Republic Commando. Pay $12 or more and you can tack on Empire at War: Gold Pack, The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition, the The Force Unleashed II.

As has become the way with Humble Bundles, more games are promised for anyone who beats the average. What could they be? Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Dark Forces II are good bets, and I suppose the Lego Star Wars games might go over well, too. Personally, I'd love to see X-Wing and TIE Fighter added, but I'm enough of a realist about such things that I won't hold my breath.

The Star Wars Humble Bundle supports the US Fund for Unicef through Star Wars: Force For Change, a charitable initiative founded by Disney and LucasFilm. You can find out more about that at forceforchange.starwars.com, but don't get too excited about the contest: It actually ended last summer.

Speaking of endings, the Star Wars Humble Bundle will come to one in two weeks: That's 1 pm EST on February 17.

https://www.humblebundle.com/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Finally I can replace my Dark Forces floppy disks  :lol:

Is Empire at War any good? It's the only Star Wars game on that list that I down't own already (in CD format).

Syt

Some people like EaW, some hate it. I keep poking it, but can't fully get into it (and it doesn't help that Forces of Corruption introduces a bit of an overpowered faction, but I believe there's mods that deal with it).

In general, people seem to hate the ground battles the most, and find the combat on the whole rather repetitive.

I'd recommend checking out some let's plays on YouTube. If interested in mods, the Republic at War mod that turns it into a Clone Wars game seems to be the best/most polished one. Check out TheXPGamers' long play of it on YouTube, maybe.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Ah, ended up buying it all. I have finished most of these games but it will be convenient to have them on steam for nostalgia replays, plus I will give EaW a go. It's fucking Star Wars.

Syt

One common advice on EaW is: don't use auto resolve for battles, because it will lead to retarded results.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Sniper Elite III is 70% off on Steam this weekend. Reviews were pretty decent, so might be worth checking out if you're looking for a stealth shooter in North Africa.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Seven kingdoms 2 is 50% on steam - this is a remastered version.  Only 5 bucks.

Grey Fox

Never played that game is it worth it?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Sleeping Dogs Definitive is on sale (66% off, I think), and Valkyria Chronicles, and Deus Ex: HR Remastered, all on Steam.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

A lot of EU4 shit (including EU4 itself) just went on sale @ Steam.  Picked up Conquest of Paradise and Wealth of Nations myself for like 6 bucks total.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on February 08, 2015, 08:38:43 AM
Sleeping Dogs Definitive is on sale (66% off, I think), and Valkyria Chronicles, and Deus Ex: HR Remastered, all on Steam.

You can get Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex HR Director's Cut, Startopia, the new crappy Hitman,  and other stuff for $15.- from Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Well, good thing that P'dox always does a sale on the base game/previous expansions when a new expansion comes out. Turns out I hadn't bought a single expansion for EU4 yet (and I haven't exactly played the game much, compared to CK2).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2015, 02:19:37 AM
Well, good thing that P'dox always does a sale on the base game/previous expansions when a new expansion comes out. Turns out I hadn't bought a single expansion for EU4 yet (and I haven't exactly played the game much, compared to CK2).
Same here.  But I think I'm going to start a new EU4 game this weekend now that I have all these expansions.

Does the random New World still look like complete crap or did they address that?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points