PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

LOL, Fahdiz bought "Prison Architect"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

He must be incredibly bored at work, or started watching "Orange Is The New Black".

CountDeMoney

And don't laugh: Wildlife Park 2 Domestic Animals is looking pretty good.  I could raise Yorkies. :wub:

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2014, 08:15:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2014, 02:06:00 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 05, 2014, 08:16:30 PM
The new Wolfenstein game is $20 on Steam for anyone looking to kill Nazis.

Still the best classical FPS of 2014.

Classical as in the engine, or classical as in a WW2 shooter?

Unironic single player shooter mit focus on gunplay (and some optional stealth). It's completely silly alt- hist over the top action, but takes itself serious at the same time. Kind of like an 80s action flick. And it has some of the best world building with many little details (even more so if you speak German). There's a thread about it here, I think. If you can get it for 15 to 20 bucks: buy it. The campaign is 12 hours, IIRC.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2014, 08:17:13 PM
LOL, Fahdiz bought "Prison Architect"

It's actually a really neat game.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

So Syt, how's Starpoint Gemini 2?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 28, 2014, 05:33:09 PM
So Syt, how's Starpoint Gemini 2?

Do I look like I play games? I buy them, I don't play them. I'm the CdM of Steam. :P

I have 351 games according to my library (or 359 according to my profile :hmm: ), and only 6 titles have more than 50 hours playtime: Sims 3 (130 hours  :blush: ), Civ5 (84 hours), CK2 (82 hours), Bejeweled 3 (73 hours :blush: ), Dragon Age Origins (71 hours), Skyrim (51) hours. Over 300 with less than 5 hours. Not to mention about 200 titles with less than an hour in it.

It's why the Steam sales have become rather unexciting for me - a lot of the discounted titles that I'd be interested have the "in Library" tag by now. :blush:

TBF, some games I've finished are short, i.e. under 20 hours (Batman, Wolfenstein, SpecOps: The Line and others).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

I've got 14 games in my Steam library, but three of them have more than 100 hours of playtime: EU4, CK2, Civ V.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Humble bundle has boosted the amount of games I haven't even installed by a significant amount.

Syt

It's weird with me, though. It's not that I don't want to play the games, or lack the time to do so. But for some reason I instead end up watching someone else play a game I enjoy on Twitch or YouTube. Sometimes for hours.

Sitting down and playing through DA:O recently was a big thing for me, because I rarely finish games that size (last ones to come anywhere near that would have been ME1&2 back to back), and it took some serious effort in the end to stay focused.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on December 29, 2014, 03:58:45 AM
I've got 14 games in my Steam library, but three of them have more than 100 hours of playtime: EU4, CK2, Civ V.

I've got like 180. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2014, 04:14:14 AM
It's weird with me, though. It's not that I don't want to play the games, or lack the time to do so. But for some reason I instead end up watching someone else play a game I enjoy on Twitch or YouTube. Sometimes for hours.

That is fucking bizarre.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould