News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

If anyone doesn't already have it, Torchlight II is cheap on Steam right now.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on October 02, 2014, 01:28:42 PM
Most of Paradox stuff is between 50-85% off on Steam.

With that sale, my game is down to 1.99. :D

edit: And oddly enough, people are still reviewing it on Steam. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 26, 2014, 03:46:32 PM
That bad, huh?  I picked up Rome I, and I am thinking about Napoleon and Empire.  I also grabbed the rest of the clan packs for Shogun II.

the emperor edition is actually quite good. No Rome I /Mediƫval II but then again nothing is.

PRC

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 02, 2014, 02:21:21 PM
the emperor edition is actually quite good. No Rome I /Mediƫval II but then again nothing is.

I find it just more of the same.  The battles go a bit quicker, the Civil War mechanism sucks, strategy game is same as it ever was, the graphics are great but overall it's nothing we haven't seen before.

grumbler

RTW II is probably worth getting cheap for the mods that will come out, but there's no reason to pull the trigger now.  It will be cheap again by the time you need it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

I see P'dox games are on sale on Steam.

Tempted to get HOI III.

Is it really shit?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

I'll save my three bucks then. Thanks.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

All the Assassin's Creed's are on sale on steam.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2014, 10:00:36 PM
Pass.

2 and Brotherhood are well worth it.  1's a little simplistic, but fun, and (IMO) the later ones overcomplicated the gameplay.  (Not including 5 in this, since I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet- didn't want to pick it up until I made some headway through 4, which I haven't turned on in months)
Experience bij!

celedhring

I thought AC1 was pretty meh and uninvolving, but I loved AC2 - will pick up Brotherhood now, thanks for the headsup.

garbon

5? If you are talking Unity (or Rogue) - that hasn't been released yet. :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2014, 10:07:14 AM
I thought AC1 was pretty meh and uninvolving, but I loved AC2 - will pick up Brotherhood now, thanks for the headsup.

1 was lame. 2 and Brotherhood pretty good (Brotherhood is probably my favorite). 3 and 4 are also pretty fun if you like those settings (colonial america and pirates respectively). 

Revelations is the one I'd skip (in Instanbul) as that one added an unnecessary bomb making thinking. I never bothered to finish it.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: celedhring on October 09, 2014, 10:07:14 AM

Brotherhood's definitely worth it.  It's not so much a sequel as a companion to 2, and it does clean up a *lot* of the ends left dangling at the end of 2.
Experience bij!