News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Quote from: Barrister on September 11, 2014, 10:42:43 PM
Grabbed the Vicky II bundle that was mentioned, but the game hangs and crashes every time I try to run it. :(
Hey Beeb, if it crashes at the "initializing maplogic" step, try this fix, it worked for me:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2676735

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

Yeah, I had the same problem.  A lot of Pdox games have that map cache problem.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Pedrito on September 12, 2014, 02:10:20 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 11, 2014, 10:42:43 PM
Grabbed the Vicky II bundle that was mentioned, but the game hangs and crashes every time I try to run it. :(
Hey Beeb, if it crashes at the "initializing maplogic" step, try this fix, it worked for me:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2676735

L.

Grazie.  That's exactly the problem I was having.  I'll try tonight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Skyrim is five bucks on Steam.

The whole bundle for 14.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Solmyr

Anyone know if Stronghold Crusader 2 is any good? I got a -10% Steam coupon on it, the subject in general seems interesting (never played the previous games though).

garbon

New steam layout. By default I have to hate any changes to a layout until I can't remember the previous layout. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2014, 10:29:33 PM
New steam layout. By default I have to hate any changes to a layout until I can't remember the previous layout. -_-

For some reason the bluish tint throws me off, gonna get used to it I guess.

They are recommending me games that I already own, so the new store engine needs some tweaking.

Syt

You can tweak some of the stuff it shows you - look for "customize" buttons in some of the windows.

I like that if you look at a game's DLC list it will grey out stuff you already own. Also, if you browse/search games in lists it will often show you a quick thumbs up/down button based on user reviews.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Oh, they've added a music player too. Interesting.

Grey Fox

If you don't like Steam's color sheme, it supports skin modding.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Total War weekend on Steam.  75% off all Total War titles except Rome II.

Syt

Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations Wargame of the Year Edition is on Steam, at a 25% discount (down to €55.49).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 25, 2014, 08:13:01 PM
Total War weekend on Steam.  75% off all Total War titles except Rome II.
Wouldn't get Rome II for free, frankly.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

That bad, huh?  I picked up Rome I, and I am thinking about Napoleon and Empire.  I also grabbed the rest of the clan packs for Shogun II.

Zanza

Most of Paradox stuff is between 50-85% off on Steam.