News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Quote from: sbr on August 27, 2014, 03:31:51 PM
Soem site called Bundle Stars has a Victoria pack for $4.99.

Victoria I Complete, Vic II, both expansions and all DLC.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/victoria-complete-bundle/

I am pretty sure you get Steam codes for the games, but not 100% sure.
I never played these games, but I'm tempted by the price. I assume I'll never touch VIctoria, but is the II good, with the expansions?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

Steam has the Wargame franchise on sale. Buy all three for 20.00 or Red Dragon for 19.99.

The first game alone (European Escalation) is at 2.49, and the second (Airland Battle) is at 4.99 if bought separately.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on August 27, 2014, 03:31:51 PM
Soem site called Bundle Stars has a Victoria pack for $4.99.

Victoria I Complete, Vic II, both expansions and all DLC.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/victoria-complete-bundle/

I am pretty sure you get Steam codes for the games, but not 100% sure.
I forgot to thank you for this heads-up.  Nice price for a good bundle. Thanks for the heads-up.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

:cheers:

I just pass along stuff I see elsewhere, very little of my info is orginal, but I am glad you (and others) got to take advantage and hope the game doesn't suck too much.

Solmyr

Razgovory

I also took advantage of the Victoria II.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Humble Bundle now has HoI3 + everything for 4.50 euros. Should I get it or wait for HoI4? I recall talk about 3 being pretty bad.

Barrister

Quote from: Solmyr on September 11, 2014, 02:25:57 PM
Humble Bundle now has HoI3 + everything for 4.50 euros. Should I get it or wait for HoI4? I recall talk about 3 being pretty bad.

Can you really go wrong for 4.50?  Even if it is crap - if it's something you're curious about why not get it?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

On a related note, Humble Bundle store currently has March of the Eagles for 99 cents...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Quote from: Solmyr on September 11, 2014, 02:25:57 PM

It has the standard HoI problem of the naval and air functionality sucking.  In HoI 3 it's easy to automate both as long as you don't care about doing anything interesting with them.  That means playing Germany, Russia, France or some minor.

Habbaku

I think I've said it before, but it would seem that the answer to both of those things should just be some serious abstraction of both naval and air combat instead of trying to model every little nuance.  I think I recall that they are heading at least a little in that direction with 4.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on September 11, 2014, 05:15:54 PM
I think I've said it before, but it would seem that the answer to both of those things should just be some serious abstraction of both naval and air combat instead of trying to model every little nuance.  I think I recall that they are heading at least a little in that direction with 4.

Yeah.  The Air Combat Dev Diary I saw had some interesting things, I haven't seen anything about the Navy but I haven't really looked either.  I stumbled across the Air DD on accident.

frunk

I think I've said it before, but it would seem that the answer to both of those things should just be some serious abstraction of both naval and air combat instead of trying to model every little nuance.

I agree.  I don't get any jollies out of dictating hour by hour (in game time) the orders for several dozen aircraft units, and I'm not sure why anybody would.

Barrister

Grabbed the Vicky II bundle that was mentioned, but the game hangs and crashes every time I try to run it. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: frunk on September 11, 2014, 10:18:46 PM
I think I've said it before, but it would seem that the answer to both of those things should just be some serious abstraction of both naval and air combat instead of trying to model every little nuance.

I agree.  I don't get any jollies out of dictating hour by hour (in game time) the orders for several dozen aircraft units, and I'm not sure why anybody would.

I doubt anyone does.  I should have some control over what my air force likes and maybe be able to attach certain elements to certain armies (X amount of fighter wings to this sector of air defense, Y amount to assist this army), etc.  But constantly fiddling with the hour and minute and time of day and composition and which air general is in charge and paying attention to yet another unit's strength and AUGH.  Why?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien