News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I didn't buy anything either. I was going to buy Borderlands 2 but I got Titanfall on Origin instead.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I bought way too much from Steam and GOG. RPGs, mostly, a few action games, and a bunch of point & click adventures.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

GOG has Seven Cities of Gold: Commemorative Edition (the 1993 remake): http://www.gog.com/game/seven_cities_of_gold_ce
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Sleeping Dogs and Assassin's Creed 2.

None of the games I had on watch were discounted enough to my liking, but I sold a bunch of cards during the event and picked those two for "free". Enjoying Sleeping Dogs so far, love Honk Kong gunplay flicks.

garbon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 29, 2014, 11:19:47 PM
I nabbed The Banner Saga and The Wolf Among Us.  Now to find time to play them...

I picked up both of these and State of Decay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 01, 2014, 09:15:05 PM
Quote from: celedhring on June 30, 2014, 10:19:24 AM
Assassin's Creed 2.

Best in the series, IMO.

I got the first one on PS3 when it came out and I was disappointed by it, so I never got the others. But a few people enthusiastically recommended #2 to me so I'm going to give it a go.

Norgy

I picked up the "Wargame" franchise from Steam. I have to say it's simple but fun. A (really) dumbed-down Combat Mission.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Norgy on July 02, 2014, 12:22:18 PM
I picked up the "Wargame" franchise from Steam. I have to say it's simple but fun. A (really) dumbed-down Combat Mission.

They're superb games, particularly in multiplayer 10 v 10 matches.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

I'm about to finish Sleeping Dogs (clocking at 25 hours, it's a bit short if you don't go around picking up every collectible and finishing every side mission), and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Now, as a game is probably pretty average, but the setting and the story are pretty well done. Plus I love Honk Kong mafia flicks.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on July 03, 2014, 11:26:17 AM
I'm about to finish Sleeping Dogs (clocking at 25 hours, it's a bit short if you don't go around picking up every collectible and finishing every side mission), and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Now, as a game is probably pretty average, but the setting and the story are pretty well done. Plus I love Honk Kong mafia flicks.

So when are you going to thank Jacob for his efforts?

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on July 03, 2014, 12:01:23 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 03, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

So when are you going to thank Jacob for his efforts?
:huh:  Why would he want to do that?  Didn't Jacob get paid for his work?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DontSayBanana

Current Humble Bundle has all three Bioshock games, XCOM and The Bureau, Mafia II, and The Darkness II for a minimum of $20.  I'm sorely tempted.
Experience bij!

Josephus

Car Mechanic Simulator is 66 per cent off on Steam.

:ph34r:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011