News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

It is much better now than it was, but I mainly can't recommend paying much for it because I don't enjoy rewarding Creative Assembly for their failures.  Its release was a giant mess.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

How's Hegemony: Rome these days?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on June 27, 2014, 09:24:26 AM
Is Pandora any good?

Haven't tried it myself, because the reviews mostly said that while it's not too bad, it's basically Alpha Centauri without the flavor, but with a better interface.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on June 27, 2014, 11:31:34 AM
How's Hegemony: Rome these days?

I havent played it since the early release days.  Havent had the time but I will get to it over the summer.  I liked it then even though parts of the game handnt been added in yet.  But I am a real fan of the series.

Octavian

Quote from: Caliga on June 27, 2014, 11:20:34 AM
Not exactly a ringing endorsement.  :lol:  Thanks.

At release it was crap and not worth it but with patches and mods it's their best game yet imo.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Syt

Wolfenstein: New Order is on sale for 50% off.

It's a good game if you enjoy FPS, 1960s pulp sci-fi and killing nazis.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I just beat that one.  Steam sales make fools of us all. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

I missed the How to Survive Flash sale, damn it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Pedrito

I fell for Tropico 4. It was only 4 euros, less than a pack of cigarettes. How is the game?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Solmyr

Quote from: Pedrito on June 28, 2014, 03:11:03 PM
I fell for Tropico 4. It was only 4 euros, less than a pack of cigarettes. How is the game?

L.

I've enjoyed it, though once you know what to do it's fairly easy to succeed. Planning to get Tropico 5 before the end of the summer sale, just waiting to see if it gets more than -25%.

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2014, 11:26:51 AM
It is much better now than it was, but I mainly can't recommend paying much for it because I don't enjoy rewarding Creative Assembly for their failures.  Its release was a giant mess.

Rome 2 is at -66% now. I'm tempted, though there seems to be way too much DLC...

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on June 29, 2014, 12:19:50 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2014, 11:26:51 AM

Rome 2 is at -66% now. I'm tempted, though there seems to be way too much DLC...

It was at that earlier. Hence the $20 that Cal mentioned.

edit: I guess today is just the best of the prior sales for the last day. Prices look the same.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I bought nothing in the sale. :smarty:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

I bought 3 games; The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us, which I planned on getting if the price was decent and Space Empires IV because it was like $2.

Sophie Scholl

I nabbed The Banner Saga and The Wolf Among Us.  Now to find time to play them...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."