News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Got in-house streaming working between my chromebook and my pc last night. I only tried Lego Marvel but it was fairly lagless.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Dynasty Warrior 8 Subtitle Overload is on sale 50% off. Worth it?  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

So far nothing has seemed that great in the sale so far.  I'll probably pick up Season 2 of the Walking Dead tho.  Did all of the episodes come out for it already?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 20, 2014, 12:43:52 PM
So far nothing has seemed that great in the sale so far.  I'll probably pick up Season 2 of the Walking Dead tho.  Did all of the episodes come out for it already?

No. At part 3 currently.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

If you buy 'the game', do you get each episode free as it's released or what?  I don't really understand how this episodic shit works.  I bought Season 1 after all of the episodes had already come out.

Habbaku

If you buy the game, you're buying a season pass.  You don't have to pay for the new episodes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Yeah I'm gonna grab walking dead 2 also. It is one of the few games I am planning on getting this sale.

Caliga

Quote from: Habbaku on June 20, 2014, 01:04:02 PM
If you buy the game, you're buying a season pass.  You don't have to pay for the new episodes.
Thanks for clarifying.  Buying now. :cool:

Iormlund

I'll finally get New Vegas and Skyrim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Iormlund on June 21, 2014, 05:03:29 AM
I'll finally get New Vegas and Skyrim.

I enjoyed both.  I'd play New Vegas first because otherwise you'll see a big decrease in graphic quality.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I bought Payday 2. It has a Swedish K.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Steam has jumped the shark. They let "early access games" stink up the sale. Thanks but no thanks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on June 21, 2014, 12:26:06 PM
Steam has jumped the shark. They let "early access games" stink up the sale. Thanks but no thanks.

I'm not happy to see it, either, but in some cases I find it acceptable - Prison Architect is very playable by now, and they keep adding new features every month. I also picked up Divinity - Original Sin because its official release will be the 30th. Project Zomboid is also pretty playable.

Stuff like DayZ that's still VERY early in development ... not so much.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

What's worse is when you have a game like Nosgoth on flash sale, think, "What's that?" and then have to scroll through half a dozen pre-order tiers and boni, to find near the bottom what the game is all about, and that it's in a genre you don't care for.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Tales of Maj'Eyal (ex-TOME) is on sale for 2.99: "Includes 1306 Steam Achievements" :blink:
—Stephen Jay Gould