News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I would have liked it better if it was just straight cyberpunk.  I did really like the atmosphere.  Ending really sucked, though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2014, 11:14:39 AM
I would have liked it better if it was just straight cyberpunk.  I did really like the atmosphere.  Ending really sucked, though.

Which one? I went with the pro-civilization one first time around, and felt good by it.  :showoff:

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 28, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Which one? I went with the pro-civilization one first time around, and felt good by it.  :showoff:

The last level was weird, and the boss fight sucked.  I remember there were a bunch of buttons to push and they each gave you a different ending.  All the endings were just stock footage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2014, 11:53:28 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 28, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

The last level was weird, and the boss fight sucked.  I remember there were a bunch of buttons to push and they each gave you a different ending.  All the endings were just stock footage.

Well, endings usually are.

Razgovory

Most endings are not made of stock footage.

Scipio

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2014, 05:25:23 PM
They are made of beets.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on March 30, 2014, 03:49:08 PM
Origin is giving away Dead Space for free until May.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/on-the-house-ANW.html

I played that a few years back.  Well the first 30 minutes of it.  Free isn't good enough!

garbon

My cousin and I played that when he visited me one summer. We alternated playing the levels. Blast in the dark. :ph34r:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

examples please, as I really don't know which ones you mean.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 31, 2014, 03:37:53 AM

Examples of what?  Game endings that don't have stock footage?

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2014, 06:03:14 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 31, 2014, 03:37:53 AM

Examples of what?  Game endings that don't have stock footage?

My problem is you apparently differentiating stock footage and what basically amounts to footage made in-game. Plus Deus Ex made use of "stock footages" throughout the game so you really shouldn't have been surprised by the endings being the same.

DontSayBanana

Origin has the PC version of Dead Space for free right now.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 31, 2014, 06:19:50 AM

My problem is you apparently differentiating stock footage and what basically amounts to footage made in-game. Plus Deus Ex made use of "stock footages" throughout the game so you really shouldn't have been surprised by the endings being the same.

Huh?  The game endings used actual film footage of events, not things rendered in the engine.  Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkj4b7-r4MA

sbr

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 05, 2014, 08:53:14 AM
Origin has the PC version of Dead Space for free right now.

Man I wish I had noticed that 6 posts ago.