News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I see Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is out, and at discount. Worth it? The console reviews didn't look too bad, but I've never played a Metal Gear game.  :blush:

EDIT: Oh, it unlocks in 3 sodding weeks. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

:P

Anyway,  do the guards still do that in Metal Gear games, with the noise and the exclamation and all that?  The last one I played was Metal Gear Solid. 

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 19, 2013, 02:40:57 PM
:P

Anyway,  do the guards still do that in Metal Gear games, with the noise and the exclamation and all that?  The last one I played was Metal Gear Solid. 

Yup.

Anyway, just picked up Spore and both EPs as part of the flash sales.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Well, that's going to leave a sour aftertaste for a while.  Brand new Steam copy of Spore: invalid key message.  Thanks, EA.  I love how you're so committed to avoiding piracy that you're going to break the game for paying customers. <_<
Experience bij!

sbr

That occasionally happens on all download sites when they still more copies than they expected.  That said you get what you deserve when buying a game like that.  :P

Grey Fox

It's doing you a favor. Spore sucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

You know, there are those of us that actually think generic FPSes like Call of Duty are shit.  Shocking, I know.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

I don't know
a) what that has to do with Spore sucking
b) why you assume I like CoD?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on December 19, 2013, 01:39:40 PM
I see Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is out, and at discount. Worth it? The console reviews didn't look too bad, but I've never played a Metal Gear game.  :blush:

It's more actiony and less stealthy, from what I understand, than the mainstay MGS titles.

And the protagonist is Raiden rather than Solid Snake.

So it might be a cool game - my guess is that it is - but I don't know if comparing it vs. the rest of the series is going to be really helpful.
and the horse you rode in on

Syt

Since I'm only vaguely aware of the other Metal Gear games, the question would be: is it a fun game in and of itself, and is the story digestable if you haven't played the earlier entries?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on December 20, 2013, 09:50:33 AM
Since I'm only vaguely aware of the other Metal Gear games, the question would be: is it a fun game in and of itself, and is the story digestable if you haven't played the earlier entries?

I wish I knew. Can't answer that one for you.
and the horse you rode in on

Berkut

That is a whole lot

:yawn:

right there.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

KOTOR2 for five bucks on Steam.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."