News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Brave New World DLC is -66% for the next two days. I'm very tempted.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

MadBurgerMaker

Baktria, I think.

E:  In response to this:

QuoteWhat expansion/DLC will be released next?

E2:  http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Baktria_Faction

Also will be free.  I don't know what the next "real" DLC for $$ is going to be.

Habbaku

Monaco is ~$3 for the next three hours on Steam.  The 4-pack (which I bought) is $9. :yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Caliga

Picked up Far Cry 3 this morning.  I have a feeling the save system in that game is going to irritate me.... but whatever, it was only $7.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2013, 11:01:31 AM
Picked up Far Cry 3 this morning.  I have a feeling the save system in that game is going to irritate me.... but whatever, it was only $7.
yeah i grabbed it yesterday.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

fhdz

SteamWorld Dig was finally released on Steam; is on sale currently. Is awesome.

Strangely, the majority of the feeling I have playing it is that I cannot wait for Super Motherload to be ported to PC.
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Samurai Gunn :wub: On sale on Steam.
and the horse you rode in on

Syt

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are FREE at the moment on GOG:

http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013

I was waiting for a sale, but this is even better. :D

Explanation courtesy of RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/12/no-caps-fallout-1-2-and-tactics-free-at-gog/
QuoteAs the headline says, three Fallout games for free. GO AND GET THEM. These isometric beauties will vanish from GOG at the end of the year. The DRM-free store doesn't reckon it'll be allowed to peddle them after year's end as the current deal with Interplay will expire. After December 31st, the rights belong to Bethesda/ZeniMax. However, the magic of GOG means that if you add the free versions to your account in the next 47 hours (I'm an hour late with this post – SORRY), you'll be able to keep a copy forever. Go go go.

It's worth noting that the Fallouts aren't definitely for the chop, although GOD certainly seem to think that's the case – "Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer." This all makes me think of Doom 3′s weird (reversible) vanishing act.

I decided to put the Fallout Tactics intro here because it's the one that nobody remembers. There's a reason for that.

Bought that the day it came out and regretted it almost immediately. Now you can download it for free. I didn't only have to spend money, I had to catch a bus and go to a shop.

Will anyone step up to defend Tactics? I didn't spend a great deal of time with it and that felt like too much. The first two are, as you most likely know, absolutely superb. I think I prefer the second, although it's a tough call and I pretend that the opening half hour or so doesn't exist.

This is all part of GOG's winter sale and it'll be worth checking back for more freebies over the coming days. Or maybe even spending some money if you have any left after your sacrifices to the altar of Sanity Claws.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Syt

Not for me. :)

Anyways, they have all kinds of other winter sales going on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

I was hoping for a much better deals on SRIV.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Steam Holiday sale started today.
75% of Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, 50% of Batman Arkham Origins.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son