News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2013, 10:46:33 AM
are you playing this on a mac, beeb? What are your specs?

Yes, playing EU4 on a Mac.

2008 Mac Pro w/ quad core Xeon, 6GB RAM, ATI 5770 graphics card.  Runs flawlessly so far.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

I've got a pretty decent Mac, but it's only got 512mb video ram. Minimum specs are 1000.

Decided to buy it anyways at $20 can't go wrong. haven't had an issue at all so far. Running smoothly, 20 years in. Optimistic.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

An "Autumn Sale" seems to have just started on Steam.  Nov 27 - Dec 3.  Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, L4D2, and Walking Dead are some the first daily deals.   

Phillip V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 27, 2013, 08:05:59 PM
An "Autumn Sale" seems to have just started on Steam.  Nov 27 - Dec 3.  Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, L4D2, and Walking Dead are some the first daily deals.   
I now bought Skyrim: Legendary Edition. :)

Syt

Gone Home is on flash sale on Steam for 75% off. Not so much a game as it is an interactive story telling experience (based on exploration of your family house), so might not be for everyone. I do enjoy the format, however (if you liked Dear Esther and/or The Stanley Parable you may enjoy this one, too). The sale price point (€4.74) seems about right. Duration for my playthrough was a good two hours and I don't think I found everything.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Thanks for the heads-up, Syt.   :)

I had it on my wishlist, but didn't get an e-mail about it for some reason.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Should I get Rome 2 now for -25% or wait until -50%? :unsure:

Phillip V

Solmyr

It's on the Autumn sale on Steam, -25% until December 3rd.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Solmyr on November 28, 2013, 09:34:11 AM
It's on the Autumn sale on Steam, -25% until December 3rd.

Is it the daily & flash sale? No, then you wait for the last day.

Respect the Rules, honor the Gaben.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Phillip V

Quote from: Solmyr on November 28, 2013, 07:35:55 AM
Should I get Rome 2 now for -25% or wait until -50%? :unsure:

It is still a whopping $62 with all the DLC. :thumbsdown:

celedhring

If a non-obscure title is discounted, there's a pretty good chance it will be eventually included in a daily or flash sale with a greater discount.

If not, purchase in the last day.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Phillip V on November 28, 2013, 12:26:22 PM
It is still a whopping $62 with all the DLC. :thumbsdown:

Fuck that.  Get it during the Xmas sale when it's cheaper.   The DLC stuff, except the blood pack, can be replicated pretty well with mods (they were giving away the Steppe Nomads stuff for free when they first released it though).  Baktria is going to be future DLC at some point too.

Razgovory

I didn't find Rome Total war to be that great.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

On account of the Steam sale, I picked up Skyrim and Dark Souls. :swoon:
and the horse you rode in on