News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

My only issue is that my computer is pretty old at this point, so I fear that I won't be able to run much.  I pretty much just got the bundle for the charity aspect and for the LotRO set.  Also, I wanted to try Guardians of Middle Earth.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alcibiades

How is guardians of middle earth?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 17, 2013, 04:49:37 PM
My only issue is that my computer is pretty old at this point, so I fear that I won't be able to run much.  I pretty much just got the bundle for the charity aspect and for the LotRO set.  Also, I wanted to try Guardians of Middle Earth.

Scribblenauts unlimited can probably run on an old 486.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

I might grab that. Thanks Alci.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I was waiting on EU4 myself (Never buy a Paradox game on the day of release).

This might be as good a reason as any to finally pull the pin.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

:hmm: Never bought a Paradox game for Mac.

Any reason not to?

Scipio

Quote from: Barrister on November 21, 2013, 08:17:39 PM

Any reason not to?
It just encourages the bastards.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 21, 2013, 05:50:41 PM

CK was pretty fun on day 1. EU4 wasn't too bad either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2013, 11:18:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 21, 2013, 05:50:41 PM

CK was pretty fun on day 1. EU4 wasn't too bad either.

I remember ordering the original CK back in the day.  It was fun, but pretty fundamentally broken.

CK2 on the other hand... I was following the "never buy on the day of release" rule at that point.

Anyways... I pulled the trigger and am downloading now.  Actually I realized there was no compromise - on Steam I can download either version.

garbon

Sorry, yeah meant CK2 on the fun on day 1 bit. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 21, 2013, 08:17:39 PM

Any reason not to?

Other than the fact you own a Mac, no.

Syt

Over on HumbleBundle you can get all of Zen's excellent Pinball FX2 tables for under 10 bucks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

are you playing this on a mac, beeb? What are your specs?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Matrix has begun its sale. So make Tamas happy and fill his house with beets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive