News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
Ok, started HoI3, started a game as Germany. Looked at research and production, felt my eyes glazing over and shut down the game. Some other time. :P

That was my impression.  I'm getting to old for this kinda thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

The New Hitman game is only 10 bucks on Steam.  If for some reason you want to buy that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Weekend promo - get all things D&D for $21:

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413
BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE
BALDUR'S GATE: THE ORIGINAL SAGA
ICEWIND DALE 2 COMPLETE
ICEWIND DALE COMPLETE
FORGOTTEN REALMS: DEMON STONE
TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL, THE
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: DRAGONSHARD
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2: COMPLETE
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS: DIAMOND EDITION
PLANESCAPE: TORMENT
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2013, 02:01:35 PM
Weekend promo - get all things D&D for $21:

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413
BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE
BALDUR'S GATE: THE ORIGINAL SAGA
ICEWIND DALE 2 COMPLETE
ICEWIND DALE COMPLETE
FORGOTTEN REALMS: DEMON STONE
TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL, THE
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: DRAGONSHARD
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2: COMPLETE
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS: DIAMOND EDITION
PLANESCAPE: TORMENT

Where would one find the all the time to just play a large fragment of that ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

If anyoe here still doesn't have Alpha Centauri (or is too lazy to dig out their CDs, patch them etc.), GOG has a sale:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

Alpha Centauri PLUS EXPANSION for a measly $2.39. There''s no excuse for you now.

Also, the EA promotion:

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_030513

Includes all the Ultimas, Dungeon Keepers, Wing Commanders etc. for 60% off.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Gamersgate is having a Bethesda weekend.

Skyrim and Dishonored are both 50% off ($15US) right now.  I heard a rumor that a European friends was able to buy from the UK portal (.co.uk) for £7.49 = €8.9.

Both have to activate through Steam, but that is still a good price.  I don't know if you will see it lower, even at the Steam Summer sale.

Scipio

Dungeon Siege III free on AMazon right now.  WTF?

NEvermind it's just the demo.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Pedrito

Torchlight 2 is 66% off on Steam.

My list of unplayed games is growing, but IIRC someone here liked TL2 a lot: is it worth 6,50 yuros?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

TL2 is good. Played it a lot. Used it as a "music game", ie game that I can play mindlessly while listening to music. A bit too cartoony graphics I thought but I learned to live with it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jaron

Starflight is a good game, but I prefer the Sega Genesis version.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Queequeg

Anyone know any good Roman-themed games?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Habbaku

X-COM is on sale on Steam for $13.59.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien