And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

LA Noire 75 % off at Steam

Bought the complete edition for 10 euros
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on December 25, 2012, 11:33:32 AM
BTW, this is a site I used several times already. A shop selling activation keys for Steam and Origin, rather cheaply:
http://www.gamingdragons.eu/en

Wanted to buy a Tomb Raider key from them. First they take my money (PayPal), then they ask for a picture ID . . . I don't think so. Of course that means I now have to go through PayPals conflict resolution to get my money back. <_<

Thanks Tamas! :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Well, I told them I'm not gonna play that game and had an instant refund at least. Guess I'll wait for the inevitable Steam or Amazon Sale.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Alcibiades

Dead Rising 2 is 4.99 on steam till tomorrow.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

Far Cry 3 is 40% off on Steam.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Syt

Everything HoI3 is 75% off on Steam for another 10 hours. I thought I'd chance it. How bad can it be for 15 or so EUR?

Buying the DLC was a pain in the ass, though. A lot of add ons require Semper Fi - which doesn't automatically show up in the DLC for HoI3. So if I added all DLC to cart or want to buy the "HoI3 Collection" it gave me the error that I didn't own a required program to buy the items.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2013, 03:14:40 AM
Everything HoI3 is 75% off on Steam for another 10 hours. I thought I'd chance it. How bad can it be for 15 or so EUR?

Buying the DLC was a pain in the ass, though. A lot of add ons require Semper Fi - which doesn't automatically show up in the DLC for HoI3. So if I added all DLC to cart or want to buy the "HoI3 Collection" it gave me the error that I didn't own a required program to buy the items.

Yeah I saw that and was tempted. 
But like you I saw the latest DLC/version and then notice you had to have the previous mod/expansion, which then had me following the track back several times to the required precursor, till eventually it said I need the original HO3.

At which point the basket looked so congested I gave up.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I'm still trying to get myself through understanding Vicky 2. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2013, 09:24:26 PM

I think it sounds like it's worth it as compared to HOI3.

I'll probably get around to buying once Languish has cooled on it, it seems to be my way. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2013, 09:24:26 PM

I swear, I played 5 games in a row, and every game I learned some new basic thing about the interface...

garbon

Yeah it's the one p'dox game that I can understand when people say it has a steep learning curve.

Syt

Ok, started HoI3, started a game as Germany. Looked at research and production, felt my eyes glazing over and shut down the game. Some other time. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Don.t build IC as Germany. You'll be stealing everybody else's.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive