News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

It would appear that Far Cry 3 is 25% off.  I may get it now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Scipio on December 30, 2012, 09:13:19 AM
That's a good question.  It depends on whether you like the gameplay.  The series evolves significantly from the I through III.  The Ezio Auditore Trilogy (II, Brotherhood, Revelations) is really the standard.  III is very interesting, but gameplay is taking a seat to narrative.

You can skip I, IMHO.  Season Pass for AssCreed III would be essential.

Ah okay.  I went ahead and got the pack before I left last night so it could download.  Playing the first one now, I think I need to find an Xbox controller for this game.  I don't know where I put them though. :hmm:

What all does the Season Pass thing involve?  Since I'm playing them in order, I can just pick it up in a couple months or whenever I get to III.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Scipio

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 30, 2012, 05:42:05 PM
Quote from: Scipio on December 30, 2012, 09:13:19 AM
That's a good question.  It depends on whether you like the gameplay.  The series evolves significantly from the I through III.  The Ezio Auditore Trilogy (II, Brotherhood, Revelations) is really the standard.  III is very interesting, but gameplay is taking a seat to narrative.

You can skip I, IMHO.  Season Pass for AssCreed III would be essential.

Ah okay.  I went ahead and got the pack before I left last night so it could download.  Playing the first one now, I think I need to find an Xbox controller for this game.  I don't know where I put them though. :hmm:

What all does the Season Pass thing involve?  Since I'm playing them in order, I can just pick it up in a couple months or whenever I get to III.

Season Pass is all planned DLC at a discount.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadBurgerMaker

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is $5 on Steam.

Quote from: Scipio on December 31, 2012, 05:21:44 PM
Season Pass is all planned DLC at a discount.

Ah okay.  Thanks.

mongers

Colonization for Sid Meier's Civilization IV is on 75% for another 26 hours.

2.50 GBP over here, not sure the dollar or euro price, but cheap as chips.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on January 04, 2013, 10:27:07 AM

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=440319

You want that mod with it. Do not even try vanilla

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2013, 10:33:47 AM

:cheers:

Alcibiades

Witcher enhanced $2.49 and witcher 2 enhanced for $7.49 on steam today.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

For anyone who still hasn't pulled the trigger (pun intended) on Spec Ops the Line, it is on Steam Midweek madness sale at 75% off ($7.49) till 4pm Thursday PST
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2013, 10:33:47 AM

I download the mod, though I did try the vanilla just for 10 minutes, then the mod; excellent a major improvement.    :cheers:

I look forward to playing this.  :)

Tamas

yeah I just played the mod again, waiting for the CK2 patch. Amazing job the Germans did there. They made the game Col2 supposed to be.

Phillip V