News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I guess I'll wait for the 10 buck sale, then. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

XCOM is $33.50 on Steam for the next 6 1/2 hours.   :hmm:

Razgovory

It's easily the best game of 2012.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on December 22, 2012, 10:45:55 PM
It's easily the best game of 2012.

I'm having a pretty good time with it.  Either this one or Far Cry 3 would be my choice for game of the year. 

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on December 24, 2012, 01:41:08 AM
What is so great about FC3?

Haven't played it, but the RPS review was rather glowing:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/21/wot-i-think-far-cry-3-single-player/

I tend to trust their reviews - usually, if they recommend a game, I tend to enjoy it, too. Also, they're pretty good at pointing out game flaws, even if they enjoy the title (the pop up messages he rants about have supposedly been patched away).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I spotted the 50% off FM2013 deal on GG two minutes before it expired.
Facing the need for a lightning-quick decision on "spend money or not spend money", I made my usual choice.

Installing now.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on December 24, 2012, 03:35:32 AM
Facing the need for a lightning-quick decision on "spend money or not spend money", I made my usual choice.

:pirate :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2012, 03:36:11 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 24, 2012, 03:35:32 AM

:pirate :P

IT MEANS I BOUGHT IT!!!! :P

But, oddly enough, now it shows as Deal of the Day for 24 more hours.

Syt

Sacred 2 Gold has appeared on Steam, for an introductory price of 9.99 (down from 19.99).

I liked the original Sacred quite a bit (it had a weird sense of humor that suited me fine), so this seemed like a good deal.
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on December 24, 2012, 01:41:08 AM
What is so great about FC3?

It's fun. vOv

QuoteHaven't played it, but the RPS review was rather glowing:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/21/wot-i-think-far-cry-3-single-player/

I tend to trust their reviews - usually, if they recommend a game, I tend to enjoy it, too. Also, they're pretty good at pointing out game flaws, even if they enjoy the title (the pop up messages he rants about have supposedly been patched away).

I haven't played it since that patch (beat it already and am waiting for mods now heh), but from the screenshots I've seen, it appears you can turn everything except the minimap off now, including the extremely annoying popup reminder things.  There was a prepatch mod that made that appear only every 900 seconds though, which helped a lot (default is apparently 90 seconds, accompanied by...noise with lots of bass.  It sucked).

I just wish the map was like the one in Far Cry 2, where it's pretty much just you looking down at it while the game isn't paused or anything, including when you're driving.

Habbaku

It has implied gay rape in it, too, so Grallon should be down.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I'm waiting to see if Far Cry 3 gets a price cut on the Steam Sale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Spec Ops The Line is 66% off on Steam for 5 more hours. I remember reading good things about it, and Syt endorsed it as well, so going to  buy it at that price.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould