And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

It seems that GOG is having a big sale, which strikes me as weird.  When you are selling PC games for five or ten bucks having a special deal where it is half price doesn't seem all that important.  I mean, Steam sells a fairly new game for about 60 bucks and for a weekend it is sold for half price that seems fairly substantial. I save thirty bucks.  I can get a decent meal at a restaurant for that money.  I save two and half bucks on a game, that's like what?  The price of two candy bars?  I guess my point is, they are already really cheap.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

That doesn't matter. I'm not buying game if it's not atleast 50% off of it's regular price.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

When is the Skyrimg GOTY edition coming? I am looking for a discount on the game.

sbr

mongers

Is the first Port Royale any good ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

It was great 'til it fell into the sea.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I can't believe I'm thinking of buying the Command and Conquer uber set for 25 bucks.

Command and Conquer: Renegade :mmm:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2012, 07:38:00 PM
I can't believe I'm thinking of buying the Command and Conquer uber set for 25 bucks.

Command and Conquer: Renegade :mmm:

I bought the 10 year anniversary pack.  The first game fucking rocked, though the best was in the series was Red Alert 2.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

You could be a real jerk and be playing in character in Renegade. I liked camping the GDI bases.online fuckers tended not to defend their own bases well.

Pedrito

Everyone's wallet ready for Steam's Christmas Sale?

i'm planning on getting CivV expansion, CK2 DLCs, FM13 and maybe X-COM.

Tamas, IIRC you played Anno 2070: How's the game?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Amazon has a bucket full on sale right now. Or was last night.

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on December 18, 2012, 09:32:24 AM
Everyone's wallet ready for Steam's Christmas Sale?

i'm planning on getting CivV expansion, CK2 DLCs, FM13 and maybe X-COM.

Tamas, IIRC you played Anno 2070: How's the game?

L.

I quite liked it. Good graphics and "feel". But apart from the deep sea stuff there is no difference in gameplay from 1701. If you liked that one, you will love 2070 for the unique-ish setting and such. If you quickly found an earlier Anno game repetative (like I did), you might still like this one (like I did), but the general concept and gameplay is the same as previous games.