News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I have a 50% off Anno 2070 coupon on Steam, good until the 28th, if anyone is interested. I think it's the best of the Anno series so far. But if you didn't like the Anno games at all, this one will not change your mind, despite the fancy graphics and near-future setting.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

Wargame: European Escalation is on sale for $13.60 on Steam.  I think Funkmonk was big on that game. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

Quote from: Tamas on September 24, 2012, 03:17:52 PM
I have a 50% off Anno 2070 coupon on Steam, good until the 28th, if anyone is interested. I think it's the best of the Anno series so far. But if you didn't like the Anno games at all, this one will not change your mind, despite the fancy graphics and near-future setting.

:hmm:  I never played the series, is it good?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on September 26, 2012, 04:07:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 24, 2012, 03:17:52 PM

:hmm:  I never played the series, is it good?

L.

It does seem more like a bit of a puzzle game than a city builder at times, but I did enjoy it for a while and started playing again until newer games came around again :P

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on September 26, 2012, 01:53:20 AM
Wargame: European Escalation is on sale for $13.60 on Steam.  I think Funkmonk was big on that game.

It's an RTS that doesn't play like a typical RTS. I enjoyed it a lot, particularly the multiplayer. Haven't played it in a couple months but I'm always tempted to go back to it. The devs have repeatedly patched in new, free content as well.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Goddamn you Steam!  Syrim is 50% off.  Why must you do this to me?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

Yeah, I was reading yesterday about the new release of the Morrowind enhancement pack (V3.0) and Morroblivion (which lets you play Morrowind in the Oblivion engine), looked at the prices for the games on Steam (because I can't find my disks) and thought, "Naaaah".

Then, in the evening, the games are on sale.  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

GOG.com has a weekend Activision sale that includes the Police/Space/King's Quest games, the Krondor games, Arcanum etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

and more importantly Call to Power 2.

That's the game that introduced me to Civilization.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Also: the Vampire games and Gabriel Knight series is available in the deal.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I used to own Gabriel Knight III.  God that was an awful game.  I did inspire this article though.  http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html  Interesting fact about that article.  One of the writers created a lame character named "Francis the talking France".  Over a decade later the character reappears in Team Fortress 2.

Grey Fox

Anyone wants a Planetside 2 beta key?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Received an excellent gift of Darksiders II.  So I treated myself to all the DLC on sale at Steam.  Cannot wait to play.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Loved the first part on the 360 but never finished it. With the current sale I'm waiting whether it's gonna be the daily deal today. At any rate, I'm gonna buy.
—Stephen Jay Gould