News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Steam is having Ubisoft franchise sale all weekend.
Today's deal is  Assassin's Creed franchise 50-75% off

I have AC2 on xbox, but curious if the next two in franchise are worth it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Scipio

Quote from: katmai on May 19, 2012, 09:51:30 PM

Brohood yes, but Revelations is hit or miss.  If it's cheap enough, get it.  Brotherhood is fucking great, though.  Absolute keeper.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Quote from: Scipio on May 19, 2012, 10:10:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 19, 2012, 09:51:30 PM

Brohood yes, but Revelations is hit or miss.  If it's cheap enough, get it.  Brotherhood is fucking great, though.  Absolute keeper.

Thanks Scips, yeah Brotherhood is $7.49, Revelations $19.99. Will pick up brotherhood and thinking i'll get AC2 as never finished it on SexBox and sale it is only $4.99

Caliga

I just picked up AC2... have had it on my Steam wishlist for a couple of years now. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Thanks for reminding me, i had forgot to buy them :lol:

MadBurgerMaker

Civ V appears to be $7.49 on Steam until Monday.  Worth it?

E: Oh and Red Orchestra 2 is $9.99.

sbr

Free Weekend for Red Orchestra 2.  Try it before you buy it.  There is a HUGE update/patch coming out today, hopefully they don't go the Paradox route and the patch actually works.

Also on Steam:

Dungeons of Dredmore and the DLC is 50% off.  This game is way too cheap to start with so 50% off is an absolute steal.  I highly recommend everyone who doesn't own it get it.

Avadon The Black Fortress is a good old school party based RPG if anyone is looking.  It is 50% OFF TOO.

Also:

XCom Collection for $3.99US on Amazon.  No idea how they treat the Euroweens.

http://www.amazon.com/X-COM-Collection-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00846E6X4/ref=sr_1_1_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1337718054&sr=1-1

Ed Anger

Got 5 of those ironclads games for 4 bucks through that Indie Gala thingy. I figured I might get a few minutes of confederate smashing in one of these days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Amazon is running a pretty sweet games deal: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_120290_23913270_pe_button/?docId=1000800391&ie=UTF8

Things I'm contemplating downloading/purchasing are:
CK2 for 9.99, or more likely a Paradox bundle with CK2, Victoria 2, Sword of the Star Complete and Sword II, Magicka Collection, and Magicka: The Are Left for only 12.49 total.  The Stronghold collection with Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold Crusader Extreme, and Stronghold Legends for 4.99.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Scipio

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 27, 2012, 08:40:05 PM
Amazon is running a pretty sweet games deal: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_120290_23913270_pe_button/?docId=1000800391&ie=UTF8

Things I'm contemplating downloading/purchasing are:
CK2 for 9.99, or more likely a Paradox bundle with CK2, Victoria 2, Sword of the Star Complete and Sword II, Magicka Collection, and Magicka: The Are Left for only 12.49 total.  The Stronghold collection with Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold Crusader Extreme, and Stronghold Legends for 4.99.
Thanks for the tip, mang.  THat Paradox Bundle has three games I don't have, so even though the Magicka and Sword I are dupes, it's worth it.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

GOG has all the old Ultimas and Wing Commanders on sale.  I couldn't resist, because Origin was awesome back when they were a game studio and not EA's pathetic attempt to be Steam.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I picked up the Ultimas today. I've only ever played U4, to my shame (on C64).   :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

For me and Ultima, III wast the first (and even a Tamas-like cracked/pirate copy to boot), and holds a special place in my heart.  I especially remember leaving dropped creature loot/chests all over the landscape to herd monsters like livestock around Britannia.  :lol:

After III, I and II were kinda weird (especially I)...but I thought II was the more interesting of them.

IV was ok.

I've always thought Ultima V was the deepest (as far as story), and certainly the pinnacle of the old, classic Ultima map system.  Still miss it.

VI's new IBM PC/graphic realignment was hard to adapt to back in the day, but I thought the story was quite good.

VII was the beginning of the end...I remember it being a bitch to get to work system-wise (ah, the glory days of my old-school IBM computer expertise...now long forgotten and obsolete)...and the story ultimately(hah) unfullfilling.  Probably due to Richard Garriot selling out and becoming more of a seemingly pompous and self-absorbed tard.

Ultima VIII?  Ultima meets Super Mario Bros.  Complete waste of time.

I also fondly remember an Ultima-clone from the time known as Questron.

Ed Anger

Matrix games is having a sale on some of their WWII shit until the 12th.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Humble bundle is a bargain thingy for indie games where you pay what you like. You can also determine the split of your payment (how much to devs, how much to distributor, and how much to charity).

The current Humble Bundle includes:
- Limbo
- Amnesia - The Dark Descent
- Psychonauts
- Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery

If you pay more than the current average of what people paid (at the moment $7.88) you also get:
- Bastion
- Lone Survivor
- Braid
- Super Meat Boy

Very good deal if you like indie games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.