News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

If you never played it it is 1.99 good
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2012, 07:19:59 AM
Company of Heroes is $1.99 on Steam today.  Is this game good.

Yep.  It's a barrel of fun.  One of the best RTS games ever released.  Hilarious historical accuracy.  I actually liked playing the British the best since they gets lots of artillery.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Picked up Arkham City on Gamersgate.  Was like 12 bucks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

Dear Remedy: you would think you fuckers could sync your lip movements.  You've had three triple-A titles, and you still can't get it right.  Alan Wake: unplayable due to .25 second sync delay.  What a bunch of annoying shit.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Is Company of Heroes good even if you normally hate RTS games? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

I normally hate RTS games (not to mention WW2 games) and I thought CoH was lots of fun.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2012, 05:23:06 PM

It is harder to turtle in CoH. You can, but the AI likes to go around your strongpoints.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

If you have the moves like Patton, CoH is for you.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

I don't like rts games and CoH is definitely an rts game.  That said it is good enough that you should get $5 worth of fun out of it but don't expect a miracle.

Pedrito

yes

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

sbr

Shit I must have been drunker than I thought last night, that barely makes sense to me. :D

Ancient Demon

Patrician IV Gold on GamersGate for $6 today. Is it worth it?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Arvoreen

GOG has Alpha Centauri, Populous & Dungeon Keeper 50% off this weekend: http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_rule_the_ea_worlds

sbr

Syt

GOG has an EA sale going on:

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_worlds

Dungeon Keeper™
    Dungeon Keeper™ 2
    Populous™
    Populous™ 2:
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™
    SimCity 2000™ Special Edition

For $2.99 each.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.