News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

That site won't accept my login. Screw IGN anyway, they've always been a headache to deal with

Neil

I would rather pay full price on anything I might buy at Gamersgate then give any info to IGN.  Sure, they're diversifying their revenue streams from ads to selling suckers content (which is extra ridiculous, given that the price for news and info has been set at zero), but their profit margin still depends on them sharing your info with whatever 'partners' they might have at any given moment.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

Oh noes, I might have to hit my spam button a couple of times.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Have fun getting identity thefted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I never thought IGN had that good of information anyway.  I remembered they bought Gamespy a few years ago, and they run both sites for some reason.  I didn't consider gamespy that good either, except for a few of the funnier articles way back when the Penny-Arcade guys worked for them.  I think IGN is part of News Corps now.  So Habbaku will probably get his phone hacked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Shade

Sengoku is 50% off on impulse worth buying?

Edit: $30 to $15

Habbaku

:hmm:  At least blue coins can be used to purchase DLC.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Sengoku was 75% off on gamersgate last night.

Neil

sbr

Quote from: Neil on February 14, 2012, 08:26:22 PM
Quote from: sbr on February 14, 2012, 04:01:51 PM
Sengoku was 75% off on gamersgate last night.
:lol:

Not helpful.

:lol:  Sorry I should have finished my thought, but I was on my phone and lazy.

Sengoku was on a better sale last night, but I don't know how long it lasts.   You might check there before you buy it elsewhere.

EDIT:  It appears to be over.

Shade

Dues Ex is 66% off this weekend so for the extended version and all DL content it is around $20 or %17ish if you want normal game and DLs.

On steam....

Scipio

GOG.com is selling its D&D games buy one, get one free, with free ToEE thrown in.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

Do this survey for Paradox and get a GamersGate copy of Cities in Motion for free

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ParadoxSurvey

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

No problemo, though it looks like you don't get the game immediately but in a couple of weeks.