News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Fuck me, I wanted to buy LA Noire half-price but forgot and it expired :P Oh well. Thing is, I have games piled up to be played for a year.

Alcibiades

Still waiting on you habs.   :contract:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

:lol:  Only reason I didn't send initially was because I wasn't sure you actually wanted it.  Sent.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Sorry, yeah figured I'd try it out why not.  Thanks.  :cheers:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

I have another copy of it and a coupon for 50% off Psychonauts if anyone wants.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Finally got around to playing Napoleon Total War, and found out I like it quite a bit.  Totally worth it at 75% off.

I think I like the concept behind Empire Total War better, though.  Still waiting for that to update to the final version via Steeeeeaaaammmmmmzzzzzzzz.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 02, 2012, 12:35:23 AM
Over the course of Steam's sale, I've bought SpaceChem, Universal Sandbox, Space Empires V (for free!), Fate of the World: Tipping Point (DLC included), and The Best of Tilted Mill pack (Hinterland, Mosby's Confederacy, Children of the Nile + its expansion). Nothing spectacular, but its enough to last me for months, and it was all under $20.

Those last two are still on sale for about 75% off, by the way.

I haven't been able to make much sense of Universal sandbox.  It says I blew up the Earth but I still see it floating around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

It's not really living up to my expectations. Either that, or I'm doing it wrong.

For example, load up the Jupiter + Moons or Saturn + Moons. Let it run a while, and watch a bunch of moons fly off into the void. This indicates something's wonky with how it's calculating orbits, and it's making them more unstable than they should be, which in turn makes this worthless for toying with extrasolar planets around binary stars.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

There is a program called Celestia that does something similar.  Haven't tried it though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

sbr

The newest Medal of Honor is 75% off on Steam on a 24 hour sale.

Arvoreen

GOG has Empire Earth @ 50% off (and II & III) this weekend, plus other deals.

ulmont

GOG has Victoria 2 for $6.78...is it worth even that much?
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-V2/victoria-2

crazy canuck

Quote from: ulmont on January 25, 2012, 08:02:01 PM
GOG has Victoria 2 for $6.78...is it worth even that much?
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-V2/victoria-2

Fyi, GOG is Good old Games, a site which is considerably different than Gamersgate.

And as for the value, I havent played it since the first few weeks after buying it.

ulmont

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 26, 2012, 10:18:44 AM
Fyi, GOG is Good old Games, a site which is considerably different than Gamersgate.

You're right...I must have been looking at GOG and snuck in the O when I meant to type GG.   :Embarrass:

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 26, 2012, 10:18:44 AM
And as for the value, I havent played it since the first few weeks after buying it.

Oh well, too late.  I guess I'll hope the expansion will fix a thingy or two.