News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I see people say that every sale.  I know for me I already own most of the games I would buy already so the sales aren't as interesting as they were when I owned no games.

Ed Anger

I have found that the games are just so blah nowadays I can't even be arsed to spend 3 bucks on one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Goodness flows from all directions. So far i've gotten DOTA 2, some worms game, frozen synapse, serious sam, and the crown of it, gotham city.

steam sales are easymodo.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Lucidor

Same here. I got the games I wanted last sale. Still 10 euros for Shogun 2 TW today... I'll pass. If I find the time for more gaming, I'll get the GOTY.

PRC

Quote from: Lucidor on December 29, 2011, 04:32:08 PM
Same here. I got the games I wanted last sale.

Yeah, I think that's what it is for me, I took advantage of everything I wanted last year and no new games since then have gone down in price enough to get me interested.

Grey Fox

The sale is for Indie games for me nowadays too.

Dungeon Siege III is on sale, I'm thinking about it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

-75% on all Total War titles today, actually. I think I'll get Shogun 2 and the Empire+Nappy pack.

Scipio

Quote from: Solmyr on December 30, 2011, 06:53:46 AM
-75% on all Total War titles today, actually. I think I'll get Shogun 2 and the Empire+Nappy pack.
Especially great since earlier they had Shogun2 on sale for 50% off.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

Quote from: grumbler on December 26, 2011, 09:08:57 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 26, 2011, 05:01:23 AM
It's still 66% down on GG.
Not cheap enough!  :lol:

How about 66% off on Steam?  That is one of today's daily offers.

Alcibiades

Anyone want half life 2 episode 2?  Never going to play it...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

Sure.  Trade you a copy of The Ship!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Though now I struggle to remember what your handle is on Steam.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on December 30, 2011, 06:53:46 AM
Don't see that one.  Must have missed it.

Maybe next time
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Is the Civilization V GOTY edition worth $17?

Habbaku

I'd say worth more around $10.  It's good for a couple of campaign plays, but not much else unless you plan on playing MP.  Even then...

-J. R. R. Tolkien