And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: Tamas on November 30, 2011, 03:37:10 AM
except for fahdiz

I'll have you know I nuke and oppress with impunity these days.
and the horse you rode in on

Tamas

Quote from: fahdiz on December 12, 2011, 03:21:42 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 30, 2011, 03:37:10 AM
except for fahdiz

I'll have you know I nuke and oppress with impunity these days.

That's funny because I haven't played this game since I watched Threads :P

Alcibiades

Oh thanks for the heads up....

Witcher and Witcher 2 for 23.99$....so tempted....   :mmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

And this old game some of you may have played back in the day....worth it?

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/castles_castles_2
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2011, 12:32:06 PM
GOG's holiday sale has almost everything half priced:

http://www.gog.com/

And they're giving away Empire Earth Gold for free. :)
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Habbaku

If you haven't done so already, follow the link :

http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/

Steam is giving away some freebies just for peeking at it.  Most likely, you'll get a cheap game and a lump of coal.  I got Portal 2 and gifted it to a friend.  The lump of coal is good for their January 2nd drawing which may net you everything in Steam's catalog and the tax-money paid for it all.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Pride of Nations is just over $1 at Gamersgate.
Worth it?

EDIT: Not anymore. I think someone fucked up with the discounts, because the list price was $5, now it's back to $20. Should have gotten it :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

grumbler

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 20, 2011, 06:17:05 AM
Pride of Nations is just over $1 at Gamersgate.
Worth it?

EDIT: Not anymore. I think someone fucked up with the discounts, because the list price was $5, now it's back to $20. Should have gotten it :(
You're not missing a whole lot, and the game will be heavily discounted again fairly soon.

Having said that, I think I got my money's worth at retail.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

So Steam has some sort of Christmas dealie thing, and I got a free game! :w00t:
It's Space Empires V :weep:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Deus Ex: HR for 80% off (~$10) on Gamersgate; also DLC is 80% off.  Looks like the sale lasts 4 days.

Habbaku

Fahdiz's favorite game is on sale for $2.49 today on Steam.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on December 22, 2011, 02:24:20 PM
Deus Ex: HR for 80% off (~$10) on Gamersgate; also DLC is 80% off.  Looks like the sale lasts 4 days.

What's the consensus on this game?  If I am going to have to deal with Gamersgate, it has to be really, really worth it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on December 22, 2011, 08:11:14 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 22, 2011, 02:24:20 PM

What's the consensus on this game?  If I am going to have to deal with Gamersgate, it has to be really, really worth it.

I liked it very much. And Gamersgate is not a hussle since, IDK, a year?

grumbler

Sale didn't last 4 days.  :(

Next time, I'll get this.  Thanks for the heads up.

Bayraktar!