News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Is Overlord complete (I, Expansion, II) worth 5 bucks?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

I didn't play the second one but I really liked the first and its expansion, easily worth $5,

crazy canuck

Nice, I didnt notice that.  Now I have it.

Shade

I have heard good things about LIMBO any one else concur?

sbr

Quote from: Shade on November 27, 2011, 12:53:35 PM
I have heard good things about LIMBO any one else concur?

It is a 2-3 hour long puzzle platformer.  I bought it yesterday and it is pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of the genre.  I wouldn;t pay more than the $2.50 it is at now for it myself.

Razgovory

I wouldn't think a platformer would work well on a keyboard and mouse.  I haven't played a platformer since the 1990's though.  Like SNES days.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Not even a mouse, just arrow keys and the Ctrl key.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tamas

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 30, 2011, 03:26:20 AM
HumbleIndiebundle.com
DEFCON is right up languish's alley.

except for fahdiz

Lettow77

Can't stop nuking new york
I mean no really as what world power will I not go to comical lengths to nuke new york
(The answer isn't america)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2011, 03:28:34 AM
I picked up PC versions of ME1+2

Word of warning: if you have a Realtek HD Audio card, stay away from this game. The sound stutters, dialogue skips, and the action can "freeze" for a bit during a fight because of the sound issues.

It seems to be a very common issue, and though some claim to have tweaked the engine's ini to play nicely with their card, I've had no such success, leaving the game near unplayable for me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Steam is selling Bastion for 5 bucks for a limited time.  Someone said it's essentially a remake of Secret of Mana, and if so that sounds fine.  I had a lot of fun with Secret of Mana back last century.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

GOG's holiday sale has almost everything half priced:

http://www.gog.com/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2011, 12:32:06 PM
GOG's holiday sale has almost everything half priced:

http://www.gog.com/

Shut up Syt!

... too late, I clicked on the link.

Freespace 2 for three bucks :mmm: :mmm:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: