News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Never played it but I always wanted to try it.  5 Bucks is the price of coffee so it is worth trying now whatever the result.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on October 20, 2011, 10:09:43 AM
That was a question - is it worth it? I never actually played the game...

part two is out in a week

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on October 20, 2011, 11:01:35 AM

part two is out in a week
Since everyone is avoiding saying that it is worth it (other than to note that wasting $5 isn't a big deal), I feel safe in assuming that no, the game isn't really worth $5.

If the best one can say about the game is that there is another part coming out in the future, my suspicions are confirmed.

Thanks, all.  I almost wasted $5.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Darklands is now available for 6 bucks at GOG. I still have my box of the game (traded it many moons ago against my copy of Daggerfall). One of the best written manuals ever, IMO, with plenty of background info about life in 1400s Germany. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Arvoreen

Quote from: Syt on October 21, 2011, 12:56:57 AM
Darklands is now available for 6 bucks at GOG. I still have my box of the game (traded it many moons ago against my copy of Daggerfall). One of the best written manuals ever, IMO, with plenty of background info about life in 1400s Germany. :)

WOOT!  I have missed this game.....ever since my 3.5" floppies with it failed, and I couldn't re-install :)

crazy canuck

One of my all time favourite games.

HisMajestyBOB

I wasn't impressed with the demo. You could try it and see if it works for you.
I found it oversimplified, but it does seem to be popular.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Berkut bought it.

Now you need to tell us about it, Berk.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

Picked up Airstrike WWII, an aircady WWII fighter game. Very easy and fun to play with the mouse, only $5 for the next 40 min.

One complaint that I have is that after each mission, time advances by a month, whether you win or lose. So if you screw up and crash into a hill right after takeoff ( :blush: ), you might not get to replay the mission with that save.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Scipio

Solium Infernum, Armageddon Empires, and Six Gun Saga all half price from Cryptic Comet with code NEVERONSTEAM.  Apparently, the games got rejected by Valve for Steam.

Great sale on great games with card mechanic.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on October 31, 2011, 08:29:14 AM
Solium Infernum, Armageddon Empires, and Six Gun Saga all half price from Cryptic Comet with code NEVERONSTEAM.  Apparently, the games got rejected by Valve for Steam.

He's also working on Something new.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Quote from: Scipio on October 31, 2011, 08:29:14 AM

:hmm:  Solium Infernum looked interesting when I read an AAR a while back, I think it was at Paradox.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould