News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Duke Nuke'em Forever is already 9 bucks on Steam.  That was quick.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

I've heard it isn't worth it.

Razgovory

I wasn't planning to buy it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Grey Fox

Is Red Faction Armageddon worth 12.50? (Steam deal of the day, 75% off)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Lucidor

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 12, 2011, 02:52:22 PM
Is Red Faction Armageddon worth 12.50? (Steam deal of the day, 75% off)
I tried to like the last game, which I got off a Steam sale, but no... :(

sbr

For the Motherland, the most recent HOI3 expansion is 66% off on Gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HOI3FTHM/hearts-of-iron-3-for-the-motherland

QuoteFeatures

* War Goals and enforced peace, each member of the faction can demand their own slice and claim it when it is taken
    * New Partisan system, build Partisan undergrounds to organize your resistance movements and battle not just the occupier but also other ideologies for control of the country
    * Seize strategic resources to fuel your war machine
    * New Theatre Interface giving greater strategic information
    * Improved Internal politics and a new coup system
    * The return of the battle scenario system to offer new mini campaigns

Performance is supposed to be greatly improved as well.

I am sure I will end up getting this but I am just as sure it will piss me off.

EDIT: Offer expires in 3 days

Tamas

Since I have got HOI3 for free due to Sengoku, I might actually get this. Do I need the first expansion for it as well?

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on October 17, 2011, 01:34:21 AM
For the Motherland, the most recent HOI3 expansion is 66% off on Gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HOI3FTHM/hearts-of-iron-3-for-the-motherland

QuoteFeatures

* War Goals and enforced peace, each member of the faction can demand their own slice and claim it when it is taken
    * New Partisan system, build Partisan undergrounds to organize your resistance movements and battle not just the occupier but also other ideologies for control of the country
    * Seize strategic resources to fuel your war machine
    * New Theatre Interface giving greater strategic information
    * Improved Internal politics and a new coup system
    * The return of the battle scenario system to offer new mini campaigns

Performance is supposed to be greatly improved as well.

I am sure I will end up getting this but I am just as sure it will piss me off.

EDIT: Offer expires in 3 days

What do you mean by "Performance"?  Can I still read a book in the time it takes to load?

Alcibiades

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SOTSCC/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection

Looks like sword of the stars complete is only $4.99 unless im reading it wrong....while all of the expansions are $15 a piece.  :huh:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 19, 2011, 07:28:04 PM
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SOTSCC/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection

Looks like sword of the stars complete is only $4.99 unless im reading it wrong....while all of the expansions are $15 a piece.  :huh:

I think some of those prices and sails are done by algorithms.   So they don't always make sense.  Remember this from a few months ago http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110425/03522114026/infinite-loop-algorithmic-pricing-amazon-how-book-flies-cost-2369865593.shtml

Caliga

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is on sale till tomorrow... 25% off.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Complete Sword of the Stars Collection for $5 on Steam?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on October 19, 2011, 09:59:10 PM
Complete Sword of the Stars Collection for $5 on Steam?

thank you

Berkut

That was a question - is it worth it? I never actually played the game...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned