And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 12, 2011, 03:11:14 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2011, 06:33:45 AM
Now that the Steam sell is over we can reflect on it. Gawd was it a piss poor year. In the end I got Sanctum & Just Cause 2. Not enough games were under 10$.

Wasnt the good sale around Xmas last time or am I misremembering.

They have two each year, one at the end of the year around Xmas and the summer sale just ended, it is usually the last week in June/first week in July.

HisMajestyBOB

Victoria 2 and Pride of Nations are on sale on Gamersgate now.
$10 for the latter.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 25, 2011, 10:09:51 AM
$10 for the latter.

For The Glory is also $5 till the 31st. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2011, 05:58:43 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 25, 2011, 10:09:51 AM
$10 for the latter.

For The Glory is also $5 till the 31st. :D

Sweet  :cool:
But I already have it :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is 75% off on Steam ($5US).

sbr

The Witcher 2 is 40% off ($29.99US) on gog.com.

Caliga

So my bro and I decided we wanted something other than WoW to play online together, and I got COD:MW2 (he already had it).  Since this game came out like 2 years ago I kinda forgot all about it, etc.

I boot up the SP campaign and there's a warning window: "There is an extremely disturbing scene in this game.  You can skip it if you want." I'm like WOTS ALL THIS THEN and select "No" and I get an "Are you really sure?" window, after which I click "No" again.

So an hour or so ago I played through this 'extremely disturbing' scene.  I'm supposed to be disturbed by killing Slavs? :blink:  I guess that's mildly more disturbing than killing Afghans. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2011, 07:52:34 PM
So my bro and I decided we wanted something other than WoW to play online together, and I got COD:MW2 (he already had it).  Since this game came out like 2 years ago I kinda forgot all about it, etc.

I boot up the SP campaign and there's a warning window: "There is an extremely disturbing scene in this game.  You can skip it if you want." I'm like WOTS ALL THIS THEN and select "No" and I get an "Are you really sure?" window, after which I click "No" again.

So an hour or so ago I played through this 'extremely disturbing' scene.  I'm supposed to be disturbed by killing Slavs? :blink:  I guess that's mildly more disturbing than killing Afghans. :)

'No Russian'? Hilarious. My nephews loved that level.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I really don't understand what the fuck is going on in this game.  Maybe that's because I never played the first one, either.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

The plot was rather stupid. At least the newer Medal of Honor game let you kill towelheads.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2011, 08:02:05 PM
I really don't understand what the fuck is going on in this game.  Maybe that's because I never played the first one, either.

Plot doesn't make any goddamn sense.  I played the previous game and it still doesn't make any sense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 08:51:57 PM

Plot doesn't make any goddamn sense.  I played the previous game and it still doesn't make any sense.

Really? US General wants a real enemy to fight, can't find one. Creates one. That's basically the plot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

It's a first-person shooter.  The plot is always shit anyways, as the whole point of the game is online multiplayer.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quoteas the whole point of the game is online multiplayer.

.....and teamkilling your entire team.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 22, 2011, 07:39:45 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 08:51:57 PM

Really? US General wants a real enemy to fight, can't find one. Creates one. That's basically the plot.

He said he was doing it because he wanted enlistment to increase.  Besides, they already had a real enemy to fight.  They were fighting them in the fist game.  The ones that nuked the US army.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017