Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Lucidor on July 04, 2011, 03:40:05 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2011, 03:38:27 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on July 04, 2011, 03:37:32 AM
COD: Modern Warfare 2 is not worth 20 euros, right?

The MP part does
But I'm not in the mood for MP. I want good storytelling and explosions. Crashing helicopters! Russian terrorists! :-D

lol ok stay clear of it then. I have never even launched SP, but I hear it's about rampaging in 60s Cuba with modern weapons and gear.

katmai

COD modern warfare 2 in Cuba? are you fucking high tamas?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2011, 04:01:36 AM

oh, is that Black Ops? Sorry then :P I haven't played the SP of either, so sue me :P

Grey Fox

You should play MW2 SP, you get to kill Russians. All kinds of Russians.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

It also had a plot that came from the twilight zone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Fallout New Vegas is 70% off ($15US)

All Mount and Blade titles are 75% off too.

On Steam of course.

katmai

Is the King Arthur game with all expansions and dlc worth $4.50?

Neil

I bought SpaceChem on the cheap on Steam, and it's a fun little puzzle game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 04, 2011, 11:05:50 AM

No Russian?
Yuman

Grey Fox

Quote from: JonasSalk on July 05, 2011, 09:19:39 PM

No Russian?

English Only!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2011, 04:03:26 AM

oh, is that Black Ops? Sorry then :P I haven't played the SP of either, so sue me :P

Yeah.  They pretty much imported modern day weaponry, tactics and jargon into the 1960s.  Annoying as hell.  They manage to keep the weapons somewhat close to what was historically used on the Khe Sanh mission, but they blew it by having the grunts refer to the enemy as "tangos" & whatnot.  You never hear the term "Charlie" or "gook".  Sheesh.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: JonasSalk on July 05, 2011, 09:19:39 PM

No Russian?

I want to play MW2 just for that mission.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on July 05, 2011, 06:47:08 PM
Is the King Arthur game with all expansions and dlc worth $4.50?

If you like a Total War sort of game then yes.

katmai

God sakes you people are too slow in responding.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 06, 2011, 12:55:29 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2011, 04:03:26 AM

Yeah.  They pretty much imported modern day weaponry, tactics and jargon into the 1960s.  Annoying as hell.  They manage to keep the weapons somewhat close to what was historically used on the Khe Sanh mission, but they blew it by having the grunts refer to the enemy as "tangos" & whatnot.  You never hear the term "Charlie" or "gook".  Sheesh.

Never played past the first level.  The M16 in early 1960's cuba kind of threw me off.  Not only is it a M16, but it has fucking grenade launcher attached!  C'mon, why not just give me a laser gun?  That's not even trying.  It's not like the 1960's had some derth of interesting weapons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017