News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I got an earlier iteration of Cities XL and I agree... it just seemed very boring and kind of pointless.  For modern city-building games I much prefer Tropico.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lucidor

Oh, it says on amazon it's non DRM, so prhaps you don't have to have the DVD in the drive.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PRC on June 03, 2011, 12:54:18 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 31, 2011, 07:19:51 PM
Is Cities XL 2011 worth $10?  It's in Steam's midweek madness sale from today through Thursday.

I bought it because of this deal and I had a craving for some city building.  It's not bad, the city building aspect is pretty much the same as SimCity and the graphics are pretty.  There are some minor annoyances with the way the roads snap when building them and though i think the game is good, it feels like it is missing something, not enough soul or something.

Yeah that's what I'm getting out of it too.  I picked it up because eh $10, but it just seems so.........lifeless. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on June 03, 2011, 01:04:38 PM
I got an earlier iteration of Cities XL and I agree... it just seemed very boring and kind of pointless.  For modern city-building games I much prefer Tropico.

I haven't played one since the Pharaoh.  I really liked that game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

For those that love steam sales, apparently a big one is coming June 24th. So, hold off buying that My Little Pony game until then.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Scipio

On Steam, half off of Dead Rising 2 and Resident Evil 5.  Why?

On Gog.com, all Strat First games 50% off.  Also, Crusader: No Remorse and SMAC are released.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Pedrito

I've found a bundle with Empire: and Napoleon: Total war for about 40 euros: I've never played a game of theseries, should I get them and give them a try?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on June 17, 2011, 12:00:54 PM
I've found a bundle with Empire: and Napoleon: Total war for about 40 euros: I've never played a game of theseries, should I get them and give them a try?

L.

Empire is very meh but by now has some major mods out so you should look around for those.

Napoleon is actually quite decent. The scale of the battles can be annoying, but they look awesome.

Scipio

Quote from: Tamas on June 17, 2011, 12:11:08 PM

L.

Empire is very meh but by now has some major mods out so you should look around for those.

Napoleon is actually quite decent. The scale of the battles can be annoying, but they look awesome.
Except you have to play as the Tyrant.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Scipio on June 17, 2011, 09:45:25 PM

L.

George III?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Scipio

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on June 17, 2011, 11:01:19 PM
Quote from: Scipio on June 17, 2011, 09:45:25 PM

L.

George III?
Buonaparte.  But you knew that already. You fucking mo.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on June 18, 2011, 12:04:38 AM
"The Tyrant" isn't very specific in an age when you have Alexander I and Napoleon I on thrones at the same time.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

Quote from: grumbler on June 18, 2011, 10:56:27 AM
Quote from: Scipio on June 18, 2011, 12:04:38 AM
"The Tyrant" isn't very specific in an age when you have Alexander I and Napoleon I on thrones at the same time.  :lol:
The Tyrant was common British parlance for Nappy.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on June 18, 2011, 10:22:15 PM
The Tyrant was common British parlance for Nappy.
Ah.  Well, not being British...  It seems that google.com is unaware that "The Tyrant" is common British parlance for Napoleon.  In the fist six pages of results for the term, I already have Abraham Lincoln and Stalin, but no Napoleon.

As an American, I (and google) have seen the phrase "The Corsican Tyrant" used by Brits many, many times, but never just "The Tyrant"  to the best of my memory.  Still, I am no expert on common British parlance, and could just have missed it, like google.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 10, 2011, 08:42:31 AM
For those that love steam sales, apparently a big one is coming June 24th. So, hold off buying that My Little Pony game until then.

:yeahright: