News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

For anyone who has an Android phone, Plants vs. Zombies is free today on the Amazon App Store.  I would recommend installing it to the SD card if your phone has the ability.  Otherwise the app will take up 75MB of precious onboard storage.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Is Cities XL 2011 worth $10?  It's in Steam's midweek madness sale from today through Thursday.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

GOG.com just scored the motherload: EA's classic catalog, including Origin's games.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_com_s_catalog_gets_huge_with_addition_of_classic_ea_titles

Privateer and UU 1&2 available NOW.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tamas

One of their next releases will be Alpha Centauri. In the unlikely case that any of you haven't played, make sure to use that chance to play it.

Ed Anger

Dungeon Keeper? 6 bucks? Sold.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Scipio on June 02, 2011, 03:21:09 PM
GOG.com just scored the motherload: EA's classic catalog, including Origin's games.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/gog_com_s_catalog_gets_huge_with_addition_of_classic_ea_titles

Privateer and UU 1&2 available NOW.

Oooh, UU1&2? I got the Ultima Collection a long time ago, but it didn't have those.
Happy day! :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Scipio

SMAC in easy-to-use Win7 friendly format?  Score!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on June 02, 2011, 07:59:19 PM

Woah. 

Is it just me, or do some of these games not seem so old?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lucidor

Quote from: Razgovory on June 02, 2011, 11:07:19 PM
Quote from: Scipio on June 02, 2011, 07:59:19 PM

Woah. 

Is it just me, or do some of these games not seem so old?
SMAC can never get old!

(They sell a Win7 compatible version on Amazon for 4 pounds. If you can stomach having to use DVDs. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sid-Meiers-Alpha-Centauri-Complete/dp/B001RIYNF2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1307077861&sr=1-1 - should be available in the US too.)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PRC

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 31, 2011, 07:19:51 PM
Is Cities XL 2011 worth $10?  It's in Steam's midweek madness sale from today through Thursday.

I bought it because of this deal and I had a craving for some city building.  It's not bad, the city building aspect is pretty much the same as SimCity and the graphics are pretty.  There are some minor annoyances with the way the roads snap when building them and though i think the game is good, it feels like it is missing something, not enough soul or something.