News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

Shogun 2 is $33 on sale on Steam right now. I got it. Darth Mod apparently makes the game megabadass.
Yuman

HisMajestyBOB

Vegas 3 on Steam doesn't work. Save your money.

I bought Far Cry 1 for $2.50 on steam. First time I booted it up it didn't seem to work right, but I'll give it another shot now that I've restarted after installing.

I might end up boycotting FPS games in general. For some reason they're most likely to not work on my computer even when I far surpass the system reqs.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Stop buying Ubisoft PC games, that would help.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 29, 2011, 01:14:58 PM

I'm generally against it but I might break down and get one or two of the older Splinter Cells games for $3.  They don't have the newer draconian DRM and were released before that so I feel it is justified.  :homestar:

HisMajestyBOB

But they're so tempting!  :cry:

Neil

Indeed.  Buying PC games from major studios is usually pretty unwise, since they're all designing for consoles, usually with the retarded architecture of the PS3 in mind, since the 360 can handle pretty much anything.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Good news: after a restart, Far Cry seems to be working fine :)
I guess I just needed to restart after running it for the first time through Steam, since it installed additional MS C++ stuff.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on May 10, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
I dunno, I think the era of those kinds of games is pretty much over.  EA/Maxis doesn't even bother to make new SimCity games anymore.

Indeed.  From SimCity, SimEarth, etc....to just churning out news versions of the Sims.

How the mighty have wallowed into the muck.

Grey Fox

There's a new era of those games coming. Sadly it'll be on Facebook.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2011, 06:04:00 AM
There's a new era of those games coming. Sadly it'll be on Facebook.

they are for the casual gamer of 2010s, which make the casual gamer of the 1990s look like a rocket engineer.

Neil

Why would anyone play a game on Facebook?  Eww.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2011, 08:01:30 AM
Why would anyone play a game on Facebook?  Eww.

Because it's there. It's a simplified version of having a Console. Almost no fiddling, plus it (starts) free.

Zynga probably knows why.

Neil

Yeah, but you'd need to be on Facebook to do it.  Facebook is for 'tards.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2011, 09:50:42 AM
Yeah, but you'd need to be on Facebook to do it.  Facebook is for 'tards.

Join us. There is no escaping the hive.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 30, 2011, 04:08:45 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 10, 2011, 06:18:34 PM
I dunno, I think the era of those kinds of games is pretty much over.  EA/Maxis doesn't even bother to make new SimCity games anymore.

Indeed.  From SimCity, SimEarth, etc....to just churning out news versions of the Sims.

How the mighty have wallowed into the muck.

EA ruins everything :(