News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Lucidor

Steam has Dragon Age origins with all expansions for 15 euros. What's to like about it? What's to dislike?

FunkMonk

Portal 2 (Mac/PC) is only $30 on Amazon right now. $35 for PS3/XBOX. Great game for $30, I say.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lucidor on May 02, 2011, 01:41:24 PM
Steam has Dragon Age origins with all expansions for 15 euros. What's to like about it? What's to dislike?

I enjoyed it.  It was an attempt to make an RPG similar to Baldur's Gate.  It succeeded for the most part.  The expansions vary in quality.  I didn't get all of them, but heard some were bad.  Be warned, there is some very heavy combat.  I liked the fighting in the game, but others did get bored of it after a while.  Good voice acting and writing.  The expansion was weaker.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

There's a game called Dwarfs on Steam for 10$ Looks a little like DF.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 05, 2011, 06:43:08 AM
There's a game called Dwarfs on Steam for 10$ Looks a little like DF.

Graphics look like butt.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Lucidor

Dead Space on Steam for 4 dollars. Might be a good price, the demo was allright.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lucidor on May 07, 2011, 05:40:01 PM
Dead Space on Steam for 4 dollars. Might be a good price, the demo was allright.

I found the game dull and boring.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Men of War: Assault Squad is the best WW2 RTS around, and is going for just $12 at the moment.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Scipio

Quote from: Razgovory on May 07, 2011, 08:12:16 PM

Nice graphics, some innovative interface choices, but a lot of wash, rinse, repeat in the gameplay.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Duke Nukem Forever is 10% off with a pre-order on Steam. 

derspiess

Quote from: Scipio on May 08, 2011, 08:49:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 07, 2011, 08:12:16 PM

Nice graphics, some innovative interface choices, but a lot of wash, rinse, repeat in the gameplay.

I liked the game for the same reasons, plus it creeped the hell out of me.  But yeah, I stopped playing about 1/3 the way through partly because it was getting a little repetitive.  I want to finish it sometime, but it's a little ways back in my backlog.

Well worth $4 though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 10, 2011, 07:55:19 AM
Hey Duke Nukem Forever is 10% off with a pre-order on Steam.
Estimated date of delivery at this point is what?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on May 10, 2011, 10:08:39 AM
Estimated date of delivery at this point is what?

It says it will unlock on June 13.