News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on April 02, 2010, 06:23:25 PM
Oops, I meant Victoria Complete or HOI3.  I already have EU3 + all expansions. :blush:

They are both pretty crappy games, but the latter has a much higher chance of being fixed in future patches while the former has a sequel coming out that doesn't look all that bad (I will be buying it ASAP, I think).

I vote HOI 3.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2010, 01:40:17 PM
Gamespot is offering MLB 2k10 for 2.99$ Not a typo. 3$.

:huh:  So is $2.99 the "not a typo" price or is the game really $3?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 05, 2010, 01:54:19 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2010, 01:40:17 PM
Gamespot is offering MLB 2k10 for 2.99$ Not a typo. 3$.

:huh:  So is $2.99 the "not a typo" price or is the game really $3?
:huh:  Obviously, the answer is "yes."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Vricklund

Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2010, 02:09:01 PM
I would not mind giving it a try, if you haven't given it away already.

My username is: Berkut
Transferred.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Steam is having a MW2 free weekend.  It can be preloaded now and starts Thursday at 4PM PDT (11PM GMT?).

sbr

Steam:

Alien v Predator Classic 2000 for $2
Commandos Collection for $5

Direct2Drive is having their week long Spring Sale too, some decent things

http://www.direct2drive.com/promos/spring-sale/

Syt

GOG has Master of Orion 1+2 combined for 5.99, plus Outcast for 5.99.

Also, Master of Magic should be out soon.

http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

GTA: Vice City is 75% off ($2.50 US) on Steam for the next 50 minutes.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

GTA IV for 75% off ($7.50 US) on Steam for 2 and a half hours.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2010, 10:01:23 AM
Outcast for 5.99.
Decided to get this one.  I remember great reviews, but my machine was too feeble to play this... until it became too powerful to play this.  Now, apparently, the bugs are worked out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Habbaku

Quote from: Scipio on April 28, 2010, 03:04:36 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 27, 2010, 11:04:31 AM
Master of Magic is available at GoG for 5.99:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/master_of_magic/
Still as awesome as ever.

I don't recall, even though I still have my hard-copy of this floating around somewhere; does the game have any form of MP?  I'm still going to buy the new version even if it doesn't, mind.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 28, 2010, 03:20:34 PM
Quote from: Scipio on April 28, 2010, 03:04:36 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 27, 2010, 11:04:31 AM
Master of Magic is available at GoG for 5.99:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/master_of_magic/
Still as awesome as ever.

I don't recall, even though I still have my hard-copy of this floating around somewhere; does the game have any form of MP?  I'm still going to buy the new version even if it doesn't, mind.
I still have my original copy as well, but got the new one to take advantage of their work making it operate on XP, which I couldn't do.

Bayraktar!