News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Damn, 10GB install.

Anyone know how to change where Steams install games?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Is Red Alert 3 worth EUR 8:50?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lucidor

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2010, 09:24:07 PM
Mass Effect though is *so* worth $5.  That is an absolute must-have at that price if you've never played it before.
Wow, what a game. I've done some tasks for various people on the first station, shot at them a little, and must say it is wonderful.

grumbler

Quote from: Lucidor on January 04, 2010, 03:00:55 PM
Wow, what a game. I've done some tasks for various people on the first station, shot at them a little, and must say it is wonderful.
The side quests mostly stink, but the main quest is good enough that you won't care.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

For anyone who needs it, Amazon has their 12 month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions marked down to $35 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0029LJIFG/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

This was on P'dox's Facebook fan page this morning:

"Welcoming Ageod to the Paradox family - 50% off all Ageod games this weekend. If you haven't tried any of their games before now is the time!"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on January 15, 2010, 06:22:04 AM
This was on P'dox's Facebook fan page this morning:

"Welcoming Ageod to the Paradox family - 50% off all Ageod games this weekend. If you haven't tried any of their games before now is the time!"

Why do you know this?  And where can I order?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Because I am a "fan" of Paradox on Facebook.  I assume you order from Gamersgate.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on January 15, 2010, 08:04:40 AM
Because I am a "fan" of Paradox on Facebook.  I assume you order from Gamersgate.

Yepper.

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

garbon

What does AGEOD have worth purchasing?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2010, 01:39:03 PM
What does AGEOD have worth purchasing?

Buy Birth of America 2. It is a neat little game, and if you really like the interface and graphics, buy the ACW and the Napoleonics game too while the discount lasts.

Do not buy WW1, a gold version is coming out in a few months.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2010, 04:55:20 PM
Buy Birth of America 2.

I've long been on the fence about that one. I've played the demo and it seems like a game I'd like to get into, but for some reason I couldn't make sense of it.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

HisMajestyBOB

Many Matrixgames games are on sale for some reason. War in the Pacific is $20 off, War Plan Orange is $30 after discount, but WitP: Admiral's Edition isn't discounted and thus is still priced ungodly high.  :yuk:
Tempted by WPO though. I'm been on the fence regarding WitP for so long, and with WPO cheap, I figure it won't hurt too much if I can't get into it.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

grumbler

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 18, 2010, 07:28:17 AM
Many Matrixgames games are on sale for some reason. War in the Pacific is $20 off, War Plan Orange is $30 after discount, but WitP: Admiral's Edition isn't discounted and thus is still priced ungodly high.  :yuk:
Tempted by WPO though. I'm been on the fence regarding WitP for so long, and with WPO cheap, I figure it won't hurt too much if I can't get into it.
WPO is seriously broken by the inability if fleets to chase down a weaker, slower fleet and engage it.  Without that, and given that fleets have to end a turn in the same hex to fight a battle, i would say the model fails to capture the situation in any meaningful way.  I'd steer clear of it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

GOG teams up with Activsion:
169 comments
Jan 28, 2010
In a landmark deal for the DRM-free digital distribution movement, Activision Publishing Inc. is bringing a wide range of classic games to GOG.com!

It's now official, we're bringing you the biggest announcement in GOG.com's history - Activision with it's wealth of PC gaming gems has joined our DRM-free family. With the announcement we're revealing first two classics which should be instantly recognizable to any fan of good, old games: Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. Other games from the Activision catalogue will be unveiled gradually in the coming weeks, so expect more from this publisher during Month of Activision on GOG.com!

First games available are Gabriel Knight and Arcanum.

Arcanum ($ 6):
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura

Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers ($ 6):
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/gabriel_knight_sins_of_the_fathers
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.